𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒂 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒊𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒊𝒕?

𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒘 (𝒎𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗)

13 years ago, after the case.

I hadn't known what had come over me the moment my girlfriend told me she was pregnant, it was like a dark looming presence I had always felt just completely snap within me,shutting off my feelings and emotions I had.  It was more of a bitter rage, blood flashing within my eyes and I'm suddenly this...monster I had always been supposedly, stabbing her in right in the stomach, blinded completely.

"Travis?" My brother spoke, his eyes on mine. John had broken me out of my thoughts, sitting on the other side of the screen, holding up the plastic phone.

I had landed myself in prison...for the first time in twenty years. I had never intended to be here and yet I was, talking to my brother through a fucking plastic phone.

"Yeah sorry..I spaced out" I shook my head, clearing my thoughts completely to focus on my brother. He wasn't even upset I was in here, he was more pissed off than I was. He intended to get his revenge and deep down I would love it if he did, but then again that scumbag of a lawyer was just doing his job..and he was damn good at it and I couldn't even be mad at anyone but myself. John had gotten off completely free, he was off the hook while I was left to rot in prison.

"So..I've got a plan" he spoke and I look around, catching the guards eyeing us.

"It's okay, I deserve to be in here".

I had accepted that truth ever since I landed in here and it was the sad truth but it was the truth.

"You don't, and you need to accept that shit. So you...ended up murdering someone it happens. But you can't end up in here for her mistakes. I've...been making a plan for us when you get out" as he spoke I stared him in the eyes, watching the gears shift beneath them. John had always been less patient than I was and that was the problem, he was just so angry and yet...here I was rather than him.

His eyes meet mine and there was some sort of emotion beneath them, sadness? Guilt? It was gone within seconds, replaced with hatred and anger, a blazing fire. He had been wearing bummy clothes, sweats and a Tshirt and I all but hoped he was at least taking care of himself while I was here. His hair was shaggy, unbrushed into a black mess on the top of his head.

"What?" He asked me, breaking my thoughts and I shake my head, closing my eyes.

"Are you doing okay?"

"Yes I'm okay..I'm..pissed off that's what" he grumbled, curling his fists tightly around the phone, if he wasn't careful he would break it.

"I'm fine...I'm going to do everything I can to get out early okay? Just..please don't do anything stupid" I tell him and the guards hand comes onto my shoulder and I know my time is up.

"You know me Travis, I'm always doing stupid shit."

I was... conflicted with emotions. I was angry I was placed in prison, I was angry with that stupid lawyer, I was angry with how the whole system worked. And yet I was upset I murdered my girlfriend, I was upset that I had been caught, I was upset I would leave behind the beautiful world and come crashing into a more...threatening and horrible world called prison.

"Hey...I'm taking the top bunk" a voice rumbled and I sit up off the bed and spot a taller man standing by the bed bunks over me, glaring straight into my eyes. He was a darker skinned man, short buzz cut and beefy hands and shoulders, this man could kill me if he wanted too...

I slide off the bed and stand In front of him, not backing down as I glare back into his eyes. I didn't move, kept my hands behind my back as I stared deeply into his eyes, our eyes locked for what felt like seconds. It was a trick I did, flashed something beneath my eyes and whoever was looking into them was looking at something they didn't like.

He took a step back and shook his head, rubbing his eyes.

"Umm... nevermind take whichever bunk you want" he sputtered and right then and there, I knew I had some sort of power within my eyes, to bring anyone I wanted to on their knees, especially those who tried to mess with me and I know people would, places like this there was always gonna be someone trying me and it didn't even take a fight, not even a punch..just a glance and I had claimed victory or anyone.