𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑖𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣 (𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑠 𝑓𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟)

More than three months ago my daughter cara Henderson wound up missing in the arms of someone else, and I blame myself completely. It should have been me with her and yet I wasn't, I had thought my job was more important and couldn't go back to that. Looking back now I didn't realize I had missed so many memories with her and now seeing it I...hated it so fucking much.

Sitting in caras bedroom I look for anything, any sign of where she could have gone. No matter how many times the detectives scan this room I feel like I missed something, anything. Any notes or clues about it, but no matter how many times I check this room I still feel as if I couldn't do more, that it was enough.

She was my beautiful baby...I had left her in the hands of a stranger because work was that important to me. And yet I grew to trust Rory and found out he had killed himself...I had basically lost my brother and my daughter...what was the point of living anymore? I had lost the things I loved so deeply...so when you lose it what's your purpose anymore?

Pulling out my phone I wipe heavy tears from my eyes as I play caras voice message, she had left me it a few years ago and I've kept it ever since.

"Hey dad it's cara! Um..so...I'm here but I don't see you? Hopefully you don't miss it going into high school is a big deal for me. There is a really cute guy but I remember what you told me about staying away from guys and focusing on my studies so I'm doing that...anyways I'll see you when you get here, I love you dad" the voicemail clicks as it ends and i remember that day, she was starting her first day of high school and wanted me to be there for it.

Staring blankly at cara's bed I tried to decide what I wanted to do. I could wallow for the rest of my life...or do the detectives jobs and find her, or try too...I didn't teach cara to give up, so I don't need to either.

(Quick little authors note, I'm definitely having more fun writing about cara, john, and Travis that's why this chapter is a little short!)