𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔

𝑹𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒎𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗 (𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒔 "𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓")

Twenty four hours and I haven't seen her face, hours go by without her snarky little comments, her beautiful laughter, my daughter had officially disappeared..and i had no reconciliation of how. Last night I went out for drinks...after that it's a complete blur and the next thing I know I'm home and cara isn't. I couldn't remember much, which felt odd considering whenever I had alcohol It's not like my memory was always fuzzy. But after last night my memory was wiped and I wasn't sure how it happened and couldn't piece together the puzzle even if I wanted too.

"Rory?" The voice spoke over the phone and I snap out of the trance I was in and blink into reality, Charlie on the other line. I wasn't really focused right now, I had about six to seven cups of tequila, adding extra shots into each of them. My mind was foggy and fuzzy and my body was beginning to numb and shiver, my eyes shutting and opening every now and then.

"Yea sorry.." I blink, refocusing my eyes. I was in the bar..why was I in a bar though?

"Where...is..cara?" He spoke softly but his tone was rough and harsh and I know hes pissed even though he doesn't seem like it.

"I..don't know" cara...that's why I was here, I'm drinking away my sorrows once again.

Cara has been missing for more than twenty-four hours, and I called the police as soon as it hit the twenty-four hour mark and they still haven't gotten back to me..I've waited for them to call, waited and waited and haven't heard from them yet. I wasnt going to panic, but deep down I knew I should panic because she was basically my daughter, she means everything to me.

"I'm coming home, then we can look for her together" the call ends and I shut my phone off and shove it into my pockets. I couldn't feel much anymore, I knew I would eventually remember everything tomorrow when I wasn't drunk out of my ass but right now this alcohol was doing a great job blurring up my mind right now.

"Rory? You okay?" A voice asked me but it seemed so far away, so far that I didn't answer, it felt muffled somehow but when I look up I see him staring right at me, his eyes stained with worry.

The lights buzz brightly and I'm suddenly tipping over in the wooden stool, the cup clattering out of my hand. My heart felt heavy suddenly..and I wasn't sure what was happening anymore when everything suddenly faded to black.

My eyes snap open and the beaming lights above me blast down on me heavily, making me groan from the beams. My head feels fuzzy and I groan, rubbing my head slowly. I felt fine..sorta, my heart felt like it was hurting and beating through my ears, the thumps echoing in my ears.

"Rory?" A voice spoke and I adjust my eyes and see a doctor peering over me with a clipboard in his hand.

"Yeah?" I blink, I was in a hospital? Scanning the room I see it, the familiar chair, the tools hanging on the walls, the familiar scent of medicine.

"I'm doctor chasse, a heart doctor. How are you feeling?" He smiled and I shake my head, wondering if I heard that right.

"Heart doctor? What..." I try to stand up but there's a sudden sharp pain that sendd me back down, thumping in my chest. My head suddenly feels dizzy and I sit back down and take a second to recover, wondering what the fuck was just happening.

"Easy easy...you need to rest for a few days, Rory."

"Why?" I ask, looking over at him. I hadn't done much over the years, I was pretty healthy, didn't overdue myself either.

"It's.. you're heart. The amount of alcohol you've consumed has effected your body-"

"How the hell is that possible? Alcohol can't affect your body" I ask, i knew it couldn't...could it? I've been drinking for years...I was doing fine wasn't I?

"It can, when consuming a large amount it affects your body more than you think. It can either rupture your heart or change the way your body works and you'll get addicted to it and-"

"Are you saying...too much alcohol can kill me?" I joke, his eyes remain serious though, and I know he isnt joking.

"Yes..I'm so sorry.."

I didn't know what to expect from that answer, I was shocked and yet more confused how the fuck it worked..but I didn't question him, he was the one with the degree after all. It would be easy to quit drinking wouldn't it?