𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐶𝑎𝑟𝑎

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑖𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣 (𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑠 𝑓𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟)
(𝑊𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑚𝑎𝑦 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑡𝑜𝑝𝑖𝑐𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑦 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑠, 𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑤𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑑𝑣𝑖𝑠𝑒𝑑.)

For the past few months I couldn't live properly, I wasn't the type to drink, to smoke, to do much of that. With being a lawyer I didn't have time for that because I was so busy with the cases. Losing cara I drank myself to sleep every single night, I smoked more than I should have, I questioned my very existence. I wasn't sure what to do, my house was trashed, my mind was fried, everything was going to shit and I wasn't sure what I should have done to prevent it from happening and yet it did. As soon as the call came there was a slight chance, a slight increase of hope, because part of me was wondering what it was about..could it be about cara?

"Hello?" I answered, it was almost one in the morning and It wasn't like I was asleep but he was calling so late you would expect it to be important..had it been?

"Hey charlie...how are you doing?" He sounded...sad? Defeated?

"Fine...what's this call about?" I didn't mean to sound rude but I was anxious, this had to have been something important... right?

"We need you to come into the hospital...we've found your daughter."

On the drive there I tried not to get my hopes up, this was my daughter of course but not every news is good news. I was partially drunk, had drank almost half a bottle of tequila before driving. So was it smart? Definitely not but I was going anyways, if he had been right about this and she was there, in that hospital I didn't care if I was drunk. Everything was blurry, I was practically speeding down the highway.

Reaching the Hospital it was practically empty and I didn't care, I cared for cara and could have done a better job taking care of her and i will regret that as long as i live. Climbing out the car I practically stumble out, my leg getting caught in the door.

"Mr..Henderson? Are you alright?" A
voice startled me and I turn around and see a detective, a different one. He was an older man, probably in his fourties. His hair was practically gone and his eyes were puffy and had bags underneath them.

"Yes...where is she?".

"Follow me."

The hospital felt like a huge maze, taking turns down different hallways and going up different elevators. When we finally reached a room read "203" he stopped me from entering at the door.

"What.."

"You should know something before you walk in."

"I don't care..I need to see her" why was he keeping me from seeing my daughter? What could be so bad that happened to her?

He sighs heavily, understanding my mood as he steps to the side, letting me in. Entering the room I don't see anything at first, the room clean and empty. Scanning the bed there's a body that lay still... completely still. The leg had been hooked up to a machine, wrapped in a thick white cast. The arm had multiple bandages over it, the face was scratched up, the whole face practically wrapped in bandages. But the eyes were noticable, the eyes...it was her.

"..what" I choke on tears, not believing what i was seeing. No way it was her...no..

"From what the doctors have told me she has heavy doses of alcohol in her system,  they had found her on the side of the road. It looks like a hit and run, the driver didn't see her in the dark and just..passed by. He didn't notice her until it was too late. Judging by the damage she had been hit badly, really badly she might have suffered from brain damage, judging by how bad it is it could be amnesia. When she wakes she might not remember who she is..or have any idea who you are. Its possible...but not impossible. There also could be signs of forced trauma, sexually and physically...."

I couldn't breath, my lungs felt as if they had physically stopped. This wasn't happening...could it be? How could this happen? My daughter would wake up one day and not recognize her father.....

"Did they catch the guy who ran her over?" Was all I could ask, I couldn't say anything else.

"Yes..he's in the station right now. Would you..like to speak with him?".

I hated that man... although I had sympathy for him, why?..I wasn't sure, i wasn't angry at him or with him. I just wanted my daughter...and when she woke up and regains her memory...I would find those people who had kidnapped her in the first place... and there would be hell to pay.

Thank you for finishing the end of book one! Let me know how it was for you❤️ book two will come out maybe this fall or later depending on if I'm busy or not so stick around for the sequel! I'm coming out with a new book so be sure to check that out too:)

🎉 Kamu telah selesai membaca 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝒎𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝐾𝑛𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 🎉