Chapter 1 - Secret Sorrows

(In reworks)

The tears trailed down my cheeks, I had given up hope.

My eyes scanned the room as I swatted the dead bodies.

I could see the tares in their skin, bite marks. Blood. Everywhere.

Oh fuck.

You've seriously got to be kidding me right now.

Soon enough I began to sob again. My eyes quickly flicked down to my hands and feet, which were tightly compressed together with heavy rope.

Why must it be me here in this situation? Why was I subjected to this fucked up world. My misbehaviour has landed me right into the hands of death. And there was nothing I could do about it, not while tied up at least.

I had told herself I'd given up. But in reality, I didn't want to die. Who would?

I began to aggressively tug at the rope around my hands, feeling trickling water down my cheeks in a disturbed panic.

Maybe if I could break free then I'd stand a chance, there were plenty of weapons that scattered the floors around me.

My vision blurring due to my soaked eyes, unable to get rid of the tears, listening as gurgles started to escape from the mouths of the newly infected around me.

Sounds from my mouth muffled into the gag I had been made to wear. Sniffling with sorrow.

I couldn't die like this, then what would be the point of all this fighting? I hadn't lived yet. I still had so much left to do..

The infected were getting closer, and I could see one of them beginning to stand out of the corner of my eyes.

They were terrifying. And also ugly, I'd never seen them before. Or heard of them either, The Monarch had kept them isolated for my entire life. They never taught me anything about them, not even their existence, which had been a delightful shock when I entered the outside world.

That bitch Loverquitch was going to pay for this.

I told her she'd regret it.

But how could I even dream of revenge in this current situation? There was no hope.

Maybe I could come back as a ghost and haunt her instead.

I threw my head back against the wall in remorse for myself, then turned it to face the sight of the inhuman-human as it stumbled over to my helpless form.

It began to screech, breaking into a sprint towards me. I screamed in terror, but all the sound that was produced faded into the fabric in my mouth.

Closing my eyes, the droplets are still streaming down my cheeks, puddling onto my jeans and the ground beside me. This was it.

I was going to die here.

Nobody would ever find me. Nobody would know what happened.

I had finally accepted it. I was going to get ripped apart in the most divinely brutal way possible. But my final moments were interrupted by a raging bang, feeling a warm liquid spray into my face, and then a thud as something fell beside me.

My eyes slowly re-opened, hyperventilating as I spotted the dead infected laying beside her, eyes drifting down to her blood soaked clothing.

Oh my god. They were even more disgusted when their brains exploded all over the place.

I tried my best not to scream again, not that I was scared anymore, I was disturbed. The infected was laying beside me, a hole plunged into the back of its head, visible as it laid face down.