Chapter 7 - Firey Dump

(In reworks)

"No way! I love these." Ellie exclaimed, pointing to the comic in Sam's hands.

They were sitting at a small craft table in the middle of the room, I was sitting by myself drawing on the back wall with some crayons I'd found.

On the other side of the room was Henry and Joel.

"I have issues... four, five, six, eleven."

"Four, five, six and eleven! Ah. So cool." Ellie giggled, leaning over the boy's shoulder to read the comic book.

"To the edge of the universe... and back. Endure and survive." She'd yell, her and Sam laughing together.

I turned around to hush them, but was beaten to it.

"Hey, keep it down. We're not out yet." Joel snapped at the two.

"Ah, c'mon." Ellie grumbled, slapping the comic onto the small red table.

"Yes! Come on! Yeah!" I'd cheer for Sam, who was playing soccer with me and Ellie.

He was so close to scoring in the goal I'd drawn on the wall with crayons.

"Come on. Pass it back." I'd encourage Sam, who did pass it back.

Ellie came running towards me, which I reacted to by swiftly kicking the soccer ball between my legs and dribbling it away from her before she could catch me, kicking the object into the goal.

"Woo!" I'd cheer, Sam running up to be and celebrating too.

"Good one! Good one!"

"Haah Ellie you suck shit!" I'd laugh, pointing at her.

She simply rolled her eyes.

I stopped cheering for a moment when Ellie and Sam began playing the game again, leaving me in the middle of the room.

"I am the bad guy because I did a bad guy thing." Henry mumbled under his breath, intending for me not to hear.

But they hadn't realised I was listening yet.

"But you get it, though. You might not be their father... but you were someone's."

Joel shifted, his face growing hard at the thought.

Holy shit. Joel had a daughter.

"Hey, Y/N!" Ellie called to me, I turned around.

"Oh- are you okay?" She'd question.

I obviously had looked a little shell shocked by the new information for her to notice.

"Yeah! Of course, why wouldn't I be."

"Do you know where we are?" Ellie peeped up.

I knew where we were.

We were on the other side of the city, we were so close to the freedom we'd discussed. It was dark, and I was tired.

But it was so awfully empty. It didn't feel right.

"Yep. The other side." Joel replied.

"No one is here." I spoke.

"No one's gonna be here because... my plan worked." Henry said, clapping his hands together In celebration.

"So much goddamn talkin'."

"I'm just saying... I delivered." Henry laughed.

"Make this right, go down the street, embankment behind the last house... and we're out." He'd instruct shortly after.