CH 27 || The Whole Night?

Killian's room had a really nice view. The distant mountain stretched in front of us, partly obscured by soft snowflakes tumbling through the wind. The clock on his nightstand read two in the morning.

"I'm cold," a ragged voice spoke from behind me.

I thought he was asleep. "That's because you're sick."

"Mhm."

I checked his temperature again. 102 degrees. Shit. It had risen again. I reached for the package of Paracetamol and grabbed his glass. "Drink this before you sleep again."

Too late. His dark hair fell onto his forehead and his long lashes cast dancing shadows over the prominent circles under them.

My mouth twitched. The fatigue made his features look softer than usual. He looked...kind of cute. Like sleeping beauty.

But I let myself get distracted...

"Hey!" I shook his shoulders until he sleepily opened his eyes. I pushed the pills and some water into his hands. When he was done he immediately dropped back.

I refilled his glass and put it on his nightstand.

"What did you do today?"

I did a double-take. His eyes were heavy with exhaustion but they were open and fixed on me.

"Not much. My muscles are still sore." I paused. "If your fever keeps rising, we might have to get you to the hospital."

"It'll be fine," he mumbled. "I always get like this. I'll be good after some sleep."

I glanced at the ceiling. Then I refocused on him, not bothering to hide the exasperation on my face. "Who are you? The sleep doctor? Do you cure everything with a good night's sleep? If you break a bone, you're going to sleep that off as well?"

He peeked at me. "Why? You worried, Princess?"

I stiffened. "Stop joking. Everyone would be worried."

He opened his arms, his brows raised in question.

I just stared at him, caught between wanting to move or listening to the logical part that said I probably shouldn't.

A few moments passed.

His hand snatched my waist and he scooted down, simultaneously tugging me forward. Then his arms were on each side of me and he pulled me into him. I froze. He didn't have the strength to walk but this?

"Killian." I tried to sound forceful, but it came out breathless.

"I'm cold." He shivered as if to emphasize his point. "Just stay a bit."

His body curled around mine. He was like a furnace, and I snuggled into the heat that seeped into my bones, melting away every last bit of tension.

Whatever.

I lay awake, listening to the reassuring sound of his breathing. His steady pulse thumped against my back, lulling me into a strange sense of peace. I could just stay a little...

 I could just stay a little