Chapter Eight

Mel's POV:

Later that evening, our discussion had been long forgotten while Kenzie and I got ready at my apartment for our girl's night out. We were helping each other with our hair and makeup while listening to music and singing at the top of our lungs. I had a playlist with multiple genres of music on shuffle and Kenzie laughed every time a new genre came on.

"You have such...eclectic taste in music. I never know what genre is going to come on next," she said with a giggle.

"I love all music! I connect with the words and not necessarily the type. I have everything from 80s hair bands to country music. I used to sing a lot when I was younger," I said with a giggle back while finishing the last curl on her hair.

Kenzie was wearing a a silky blue bodycon mini dress with silver heals and she looked incredible in it. Her hair wad curled down her back and her makeup was naturally done to make it look like she had very little makeup on.

I was wearing a purple grape colored bodycon mini dress with black velvet stilettos. My hair was straightened and pulled into a sleek high ponytail and I had a smokey eye to go along with my lipstick in the same color as my dress. I looked dramatic in all the best ways and couldn't wait to dance.

"Girl, if I was into girls, you and I wouldn't even be leaving the bedroom tonight. You are sexy as fuck, girl!" Kenzie said. I just giggled and returned the compliment before looking at the time. We decided to head out and take an uber so we could drink and didn't have to worry about either one of us having to be the DD.

Once we got to the club, I saw the line wrapped around the entire block and my feet were already dreading having to stand there. I actually debated on whether to go back home or tough it out. We got out of the car and I went towards the back of the line until Kenz grabbed my arm and turned us toward the bouncers at the door.

"Uh, Kenz, what are we doing here? We need to go wait in line," I said in slight panic and embarrassment of all the hateful looks we were getting.

"No, girl! This is Kellan's club, remember? We never have to wait in line when you're with me," just then we reached the bouncers, "Hey, Joshy! Long time no see!"

"Kenzie! Baby! I haven't seen you in weeks! I've missed you," he said in a flirty manor which made me confused. Wasn't she with Kellan?

"Oh, I've just been busy with work and Kellan never keeping an assistant more than a few days. Speaking of, I'd like to introduce you to Melanie. She is Kellan's new assistant and my new best friend! Mel, this is Josh, the best bouncer and security guard in the world!" I gave him a small wave which he returned.

"Yeah, yeah. No need for flattery, you get in no matter what. Go on in ladies and have a good time. Kenz, I'll call you an uber whenever you are ready to leave like always. It was very nice to meet you. Mel," he said with a kind smile that made me feel like I would always be safe around him.

We got in and immediately went to the VIP section where we could order anything we wanted on the house. Kenzie ordered a dry martini and I ordered a lemon drop martini while telling the waitress to keep coming. After my second drink, I got brave and decided to as Kenzie about her and Kellan.

"So, what is up with you and Mr. Martin? Looks like you're really close," I said with a wiggle of my eyebrows..

"Ew! Gross! No way! Kellan is my brother! We have different dads so that's why my last name is different. We've been close ever since we were kids. He thinks of my dad as his dad and not just a stepdad," she explained which made my face heat up in embarrassment or it's due to the alcohol.

After one more martini, We were feeling loosened up so we decided to hit the dance floor. Who new what would happen next?

>>>>><<<<<

Kellan's POV:

I was sitting in my office at the club smoking a cigar and drinking my double bourbon while doing some paperwork. My best friend, Josh, would come up every now and then and check to see if I needed anything. Josh was a bouncer at my club but he was also the head of my security team. We've known each other since we were practically in diapers. He enlisted in the Navy straight out of high school and has been the best head of security I could ever ask for. I was signing my last paper when my door opened and in came Josh.

"Hey, man. Just thought you might want to know that you sister is here."

"By herself?" I questioned with furrowed eyebrows. Usually she lets me know if she is coming so I could keep her company in VIP and protect her from creeps. This time, she hadn't let me know she was coming at all.

"Nah, man. She brought a hot ass friend with her. Their in VIP right now," he replied. A friend? I was intrigued so I thought I would go over to our VIP booth that is always reserved for our family only. I got up and left my office to head over and see who she brought with her as Josh followed behind me.

When we got there, no one was in the booth except for several empty martini glasses. I turned and searched the whole place when Josh tapped me on the shoulder and yelled, "Over there!" over the insanely loud bass. I looked to where he was pointing and saw her and Mel grinding against each other on the dance floor. My jaw dropped looking at the way Mel was dress. It made my slacks tighten significantly.

The way she moved her body was almost sinful and I wanted to feel her against me so badly. I was entranced until I saw a guy come up to the girls and start dancing behind Mel. I knew I may regret my next move.

>>>>><<<<<

Mel's POV:

Kenzie and I were having such a great time dancing with each other until a stranger came up behind me and started grinding against me. I was okay with it at first until I could feel his tiny erection against me and realized he was getting off by using me while holding my hips in a painful grip. Disgusting. Before I could turn around and tell him to stop, his presence was gone and replaced by another that smelled so delicious.

I looked for Kenz and saw her in her own little world while grinding against Josh. The man behind me moved his hips with mine without being disgusting and held my hips in a powerful, not bruising, grip. Our hips moved in sync and his head came down to the crook of my neck to place tiny kisses up and down. I was lost in him. He made me moan and he groaned in response.

It wasn't until I heard him say, "You're so beautiful, Mel," that I snapped out of it and turned around to come face to face with my boss, Kellan Martin.

Oh fuck.