Chapter Thirteen

A/N: This chapter is a shorter one because my 2 year old is going through some attachment issues right now but I really wanted to get a chapter out. Hope this makes up for it! Or Not.... hehehe. ;-)

>>>>><<<<<

Mel's POV:

Kellan ran his nose very lightly up and down the side of my neck while breathing heavily so that I could feel his breath wherever his nose touched. I felt goosebumps appearing wherever his breath and nose touched. His nose was the only thing that touched me. His hands were still on the door next to my head and our chests were almost touching due to how fast my breathing had picked up. I was nervous and it was almost like he was thriving off of my nervousness.

Finally, he moved his right hand downward and lightly touched my left hand. He slowly trailed one finger up the length of my arm until he got to my neck where he cupped the side of it. His face was only inches from mine and I felt like I was about to have a panic attack if I didn't get out of this situation soon. Just as he was leaning his face towards mine, his phone rang from his desk. He cursed and drop all form of contact from me so that he could walk over and answer the phone.

I stood in the same place, breathing hard and trying not to cry with all of the emotions I had running through me. I stood still, staring at the floor while he had a conversation with whoever it was that was on the phone. When he hung up, I still hadn't gotten the nerve to look back up at him. I had no idea what this guy was going to do next. I heard his phone hit the desk and then I heard him exhale a breath before he started to speak.

"You may leave for the day, Ms. Loxner. The work day is almost over anyway. I will see you here in the morning at the normal time," he said in a cold, yet professional tone. I was getting whiplash from all of his mood swings. I wish he would pick which mood he wanted to be in and keep it. If he wanted to be the cold, hardass that he was, I was fine with that but I didn't like the back and forth he was subjecting me to. I also didn't like how my body was reacting to his more... seductive side. This was all just too much. I wasted no time in collecting my things and leaving to go home.

>>>>><<<<<

The next day, things were as if nothing had ever happened. It's been quiet for the past several hours in Kellan's home office. I was busy transcribing some notes that I had taken during a Zoom meeting earlier today when my chair was abruptly turned around and I was facing Kellan. He had a look on his face that I couldn't figure out.

"How's the meeting files coming along, Miss Loxner?" he asked me.

"Great, Mr. Martin. I'm almost done with the Crittenden meeting and then I will be moving on the the meeting with Mr. Scott. Was there something I could do for you, Mr. Martin?" I asked him. I was curious as to why he had turned my chair around and why he was so close to me.

"No, no. There is nothing that I need. You can continue," he told me while rising to his full height from his bent position in front of me. I turned back around to face my desk when I heard him say something that sounded like, "fuck it" and then my chair was abruptly turned again. He bent and lifted me up onto my desk and put him balled fists on each side of my thighs and stared intently at me.

He didn't say anything for what felt like minutes which was only seconds. He finally opened his mouth to speak and I wasn't expecting what he said. "I can't hold back anymore, Melanie. Please don't make me." Then, he kissed me hard on the lips.

It took me mere seconds to realize what was happening but it was like my body responded on it's own and my lips moved along with his. His hands, which were balled on both sides of my thighs, raised and planted themselves on my waist and kept going higher until the fingers on both hands were wrapped in my hair. He kissed me passionately and, damn was he an incredible kisser.

My hands went up and did the same to his hair only I couldn't stop them from traveling down his chest and then his abdomen to the top of his pants where his shirt was tucked in. I yanked on the material until it was freed from it's prison and hanging loosely. I ripped the shirt open to where buttons were flying to every corner of the room.

His hands followed mine on my body and raised the fitted t-shirt that I was wearing and he lifted it off my body to leave me in my favorite teal lace bra and pencil skirt with my heels. I went to kick my heels off but he stopped me and said, "don't. These are too sexy to remove. You've been torturing me with these and those magnificently long legs."

I felt a pool between my legs. Just as he was about to remove my shirt, my phone started ringing on my desk. His head went down to my neck where he started kissing every inch while I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Ms. Loxner, where are you. You were supposed to be here 30 minutes ago," came Mr. Martin's voice through the phone. All of a sudden, Mr. Martin was no longer in front of me and I was instead laying in my bed in my pajamas while speaking to him on the phone.

Fuck, it was just a fucking dream.

I wanted to scream. Instead, I let him know I was terribly sorry and that I would be there in 20 minutes and rolled my ass out of bed. Just a perfect way to start my first day back at the actual office.