Chapter 44

Vihaan's pov

"His plane crashed!" ...These were the exact words Mom voices! It really triggered a roll back! I didn't know how to react, I was shocked, worried, confused, tensed, horrified, extremely upset, hopeful and so many more emotions overwhelmed me that I was clueless of what I was internally feeling, I looked at Swasti the very next moment, to find her paralysed, not a muscle of hers moved, not an eye of hers blinked. She was statue and a second later, she collapsed and I swiftly had a hold on her to prevent her from falling.

Divya and Sachit helped me carry Swasti to her room as Anshika called a doctor immediately. Once I was assured that she is fine and she fainted due to the sudden shock and stress and needs to rest, I glanced at everyone. They were all in a miserable condition, especially mom, but I couldn't understand where dad was, "is he injured? If he is then why is everyone not at the hospital?!" Every thought left me puzzled!

Vihaan; What exactly happened to dad?(I interrogated as I looked at Sachit's dad as no one else was in a condition to speak, including Sachit!)

Uncle; Beta..Arvind bhaisa was flying to Mumbai to attend an important meeting, but then yesterday, the news channels telecasted the crashed chatterplane in which Arvind bhaisa was flying in,and we found out that everyone in that chatterplane has pa....passed...away!(He broke down as I tried processing everything)

After processing everything even I was at the edge of breaking down, but more than anything, I was worried about swasti. If knowing that her dad's plane crashed brought her to this condition, I wonder what would happen if the news breaks out to her.

Vihaan: Its not true, it..I mean it may a..also be another chatter plane right uncle??? (I said expectantly)

There was no reply...the painful sobs quickly became tears, and everyone decided to leave, uncle just patted my back as a few tears dropped his light blue eyes and he too left.

The room was left in utter silence, I sat on the couch, re-thinking everything uncle said, my eyes fell on Swasti. She laid on the bed with a serene face, which won't stay for long...

My eyes teared as I walked upto her and sat next to her, holding her hand in mine. I was yearning that the time stops and it just stays like this for the rest of my life, because what fate has in store for us is immensely brutal for such a pure soul.

I still can't believe Dad was no more! I agree I rarely knew him well. I mean, we rarely talked alot, even though, he was a man of a few words, but a very noble, calm and endearing person...someone you immediately get emotionally attached to. During those few times of communication, I felt like I've known him since birth! Even though it makes no sense, I won't forget his charming and gracious personality.

If I feel so connected to him in ashort span of time, then I can't imagine Swasti's condition after sometime!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly started observing a mass amount of noise outside, since Swasti's room is right on the second floor, a few meters away from the entrance. I quickly got up, and this is when I witnessed a muscle of Swasti slightly move, trying to adjust to the brightness as I immediately gave her some water and a tablet that she had to consume for a week.

Once she took her medicine, she paused for 2 seconds before jumping out of the bed like it was springy. Maybe realisation hit her

Swasti; Pa..papa, where.. where is papa..I... I want..to meet him, take me to papa Vihaan...I want to meet papa (She said, panicking as she broke down. I tried to calm her down but she heard the hustle-bustle outside and escaped the room as I followed her)

When we walked out we saw a huge crowd of people, surrounding something or rather "someone" with others crying. She walked down the stairs dreading what she is thinking about as I followed her, ready to give her all the support she needs after having a second thought on what she's going to witness.