Chapter 7: I can't

As soon as we reached home, we immediately get out of the car

As soon as we reached home, we immediately get out of the car. I can see the excitement on Serenity's face.

Over a cat

I already know how much of a chaos the house is gonna be. Austin is definitely going to steal her cat. Like come on, once in high school he stole the principal's cat. He said the principal bought his cat the other day at school and the cat was named Todd, like freaking Todd, so he stole the cat because he thought it's living a bad life like it's name.

We had to return the cat back to him because his grandson started crying.

Well back to present, we are walking to the living room and see...

Luciano and Austin glaring at each other and Lucia enjoying watching them with snacks in her hand.

These people

Serenity goes and sits beside Lucia and now they both are enjoying the scene.
I just shake my head in disbelief and walk off to my home office.

Getting inside, I find my dad sitting on a couch on one side of the room looking outside the window. He senses my presence and snaps his head to me, "how did everything go?" He asks.

I sit beside him on the other couch and speak "good".

He just hums and continues looking outside the window

"What are thinking dad?" I couldn't help but ask

He turns to look at me and looks at me in the eyes and speak something that makes me utterly confused and then signs sadly and leaves.

"They didn't even care about blood"

-------------------------

After an hour or so, I'm done checking the files of the new recruits. I think about taking a break since there isn't much work to do.

While going downstairs, I hear noises coming from the living room. I walk up to there to find the kids, Austin and Derrick Playing with a cat.

The cat, Luna, like Serenity told me the name is a British shorthair, and I am gonna admit it's really fluffy and cute.

I look arround to search for a particular someone but she isn't here. I turn back around to go back to my room when Austin calls me and speaks enthusiastically "Hey brother, look it's a cat!"

I turn back around with a surprised face and say "Really? I thought it's a chihuahua, just like you"

He scowls at me but nevertheless starts playing with the cat again. They are running around the house and I definitely know they are going to break something.

Mom and Dad aren't home right now. Mom had to visit her friend and dad being the oh so protective person went with her. He says he doesn't like her friend nor her husband.