Chapter 13: Home

The picture I'm holding has 4 people I never thought I would see together in one frame

Dad
Mom
Lorenzo
Alina

I can say this picture was taken somewhat after I was born, I can say from her dress.

She looked beautiful like she always did

Except for Dad everyone else is smiling. It's nothing new for me. He has only ever had a soft spot for me.

Dad stands at the right end of the picture, mom to his left, then Alina and then Lorenzo. They look like they have been best friends for years.

But I don't get it, I thought dad didn't knew them personally because this picture looks nothing professional.

It clearly means that they aren't friends anymore because if they were then they would already have been allies plus dad wanting me to kill Lorenzo just doesn't add upto it.

I quickly shove it in my pocket when I realise-

I don't have one

Gues what? I put it in the back of my phone cover. My personal safe.

Lucia comes out of her closet, looks at me and smiles.

"Let's go downstairs, ok?" I say and then start walking out of the room when she yells.

"WAIT"

She quickly marches up to me and again joins our hands together like she did before and smiles adorably at me.

I'm going to kidnap her one day if she keeps smiling at me like that

I smile back and we together walk downstairs. As soon as we reach the living room, I see Llyod look up at us and his eyes fills with instant adoration seeing me and Lucia holding hands together. Derrick runs upto me and whispers, "Can we talk? It's important"

I nod and tell Lucia that I need to go since it's something important. She replies with a little 'ok' and walks off.

I let Derrick take me back to the pool area. It's dark and the outside looks more beautiful.

I look at Derrick to see what he has to say. He signs, "You're goona be sad"

"What us it?" I ask confused.
He knows me too well and if he's sure that it's going to make me sad then it definitely will.

"I contacted my Dad and he said that the guy 'Nikolai' that we say in that file had been chosen to be your second in command years ago"

What

No

It can't be

Dad would never

"No no, it's not possible. It's seriously not possible. If dad had already selected him, he would have told me earlier when I was talking about the person I actually want as my second in command"