Chapter 28: Complicated

I won't promise you regular updates...

SERENITY VOLKOV

I look at the floor as dad looks at me. I know he doubts me.

Derrick stands by the wall, his arms crossed.

"How did you get hurt?" He asks me for the millionth time.

"I said I got in a small car accident dad." I reply for the millionth time too.

Cuts and scratches are scattered on the skin like flowers on the ground. The man who got hurt with me and who got unconscious is in one of the rooms sleeping. I made sure dad can't find him, I have no idea who he is. I'll get involved with the police and send him back to his family although I doubt he has any.

"Who all from the Italians are dead?" He asks me so Stern, I think he might send one of his men to kill me who are guarding the house right now.

I make a confused face at his question.

"Don't make that face sweetheart. I know you will never kill the kids or the ones who you think were not involved in your mother's death?"

Mother's death. Mother's death. Mother's death.

That's all I have been hearing from him these days. He never mentioned her death to me ever. All of a sudden he thinks the Italians killed her?

"I killed Llyod and Austin. The Parents are too old to rule. Bella isn't even in the mafia. The kids are same, they are with their mom." I lie.

He does or says nothing. Just hums.

I glance at Derrick and he does too. Suddenly dad gets up. I look at him.

"You know you need to announces in the balls that you have killed the Italian mafia, then they will announce you as the new Italian mafia leader."

I just nod like a freaking child.

"I'll be on the way."

"Where are you going?" I ask him.

He stops midway, "Home. Back to russia. I trust you completely with the Mafia. You've done a wonderful job with the Russians. Now relax and enjoy. Go shopping as much as you want. Now just focus on yourself and your wedding."

I nod again. He comes and hugs me while kissing my head and saying how he's proud of me.

I'm not proud of myself.

Then he leaves.

Derrick comes and stands beside me as we make sure dad has left. "He seemed doubtful."

"He is."

He finally turns towards me, "What are we going to do with the man?"

"Lets see when he wakes up."

"I'll go call the doctor."

I'm left alone in my room when suddenly my phone rings.

Llyod