Chapter 17: Drunk

I stroke Lucia's hair as she sleeps with her head on my lap

I stroke Lucia's hair as she sleeps with her head on my lap. Dad took mom out on a date. Bella is at her office and Austin is just.... wandering.

I'm alone at home babysitting these two kids who are definitely not babies. Lucia had fallen asleep already and Luciano is busy going through his drawer probably looking for a new torture device for Austin.

I'm in their room on Lucia's bed, my back against the headboard.

It's been a week after getting that phone call from Serenity, giving that weird dialogue about talking to my dad, leaving me all confused and since then I've been trying to call her but she isn't picking up my calls.

She's definitely gone crazy.

Lucia stirs in her sleep and mumbles incoherent words. The kids including Austin have definitely forgotten about Serenity's cat, Luna since they don't talk about it anymore, but I'm pretty sure if they see her one more time, they are definitely going to break down.

I glance at my phone when I get a phone call from Matteo.

Thankfully my phone is on silent mode or else I would have to deal with a very grumpy Lucia and that's not a sight you would want to see.

"Hello" I whisper answering the call.

"Hello boss. There's a problem here" Matteo says, his voice not shaking at all when giving me a bad news.

Why are people not scared of me?

I'm sure this dude was shivering when talking to Serenity.

"What happened Matteo?" I ask lowly.

"Boss, our main warehouse has been exploded" he says.

"Did anybody die?" Was my first question.

"No sir, there was a smaller explosion outside so everybody went out to see what happened and when everybody was out, the warehouse exploded" he says.

I should be asking him as to why did everybody had to go check the outside explosion since it could be a trap but I also can't because I know that's the reason nobody died.

Stupid people

"Ok then get the area cleaned. We are getting our warehouse re-built" I say calmly.

"Sir are we not going to find out who did this?" He asks me frantically.

"Because I know who's doing this, Matteo. Now just do as I says and don't question me any further"

"O-okay boss" , I smirk succeeding at Making someone finally scared of me.

I hum and decline the call and then go to call Serenity again when I see Lucia who has woken up from her sleep looking at me, blinking.

"Hey" I say, scared to get her reaction further.

"Hi" she says in her normal voice.

I release a breath of relief I didn't knew I was holding.