Chapter 26: Cuddle

"Serenity!" I yelled out her name when I see her standing next to an alley looking strangely at a particular direction

"Seren— you okay?" I ask as and thankfully she finally looked in my direction.

"Ar— are you okay?" I asl her cautiously.

"Yes?" She asks confused which confuses me all further.

"Are you okay? What are you doing here? Let's go home. You're not safe here"

She nods then proceeds to walk ahead of me. I glance behind me in the direction she was earlier looking at to see nothing but a dark road and few streets lights fluctuating.

I shrug then look ahead and jog towards Serenity.

A moment later we are outside our safe house again when I open the door with the keys and we head inside.

I texted the others to be in their respective rooms by the time we reach home so Serenity won't have to feel pressurized under their stares.

We went upstairs and as we enter the room, I call out to her. "Serenity"

She looks at my direction, still lost in her mind. "Hm?"

"Why don't you go and take a shower while I set the bed, hm?" She nods then proceeds to grab her night clothes.

A while later I'm done making the bed and I'm sitting on the bed, waiting for Serenity to come out of the washroom.

I know she's really confused. I know she wants to talk to someone at this moment and maybe I'm not the person she wants to be with right now but I also can't leave her alone.

I can't even believe how sad or lost she might be, she just found her father, who is her only family member was the one who killed her mother.

I don't even know if she believes it or not. Heck even I wouldn't if someone tells me that my was mom was killed and that too by none other then my dad. I would never believe it. Them how can Serenity when her dad is all she had her life.

If only I could get through the bottom of this.

A few minutes later, Serenity walks out of the bathroom. Her hair slightly damp as she must have used a towel to dry it. She had a simple long white t shirt and some loose grey pants. I could smell from here, how amazing she smelt.

I quickly moved to my side of the bed but stopped and frowned at her when I saw her grabbing a blanket and moving towards the couch.

I signed, "Serenity, come sleep on the bed. That couch is uncomfortable"

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable" she murmured lowly but I still heard her.

"You'll never, now please. There will be enough space between us, I promise"

She thinks for a moment but does not proceed to take a step forward making me sign deeply.

"Serenity, I know you slept on the bed this morning"

At my words, her head snaps to my direction and it's like she froze.

"How?" She asks.

"I wasn't sleeping when you were poking my cheek and nose and the pressure you applied on the cheek, I thought I was gonna have a dimple forming or something like that" I signed dramatically.

She gapes at me, "So this morning when I woke up and spoke you about sleeping on the couch. I was doing nothing but embarassing myself and you were enjoying it"

"It's was fun" I shrugged.

Next she stood up, "I'm coming, shift"

I scoot maybe less than inch, she looks at me with a 'Are you kidding me' look.

"Shift. Again"

So I do and move to the end of the bed and it's almost like I'm hanging now.

She huffs and looks at me like I'm an idiot then lays down and covers herself with the duvet.

I frown, I wanted to talk to her more.

"Good night" she mumbles.

"Good night Darling"

"Shut up"

She then goes quite. Her back is facing me and for some reason I don't like it.

I get under the duvet myself too then try scooting a little, like just a little closer to her.

"Don't!" She warns.

Tf!

"You're so boring" I huff.

"Just go to sleep Llyod" she warns me again.

"I can't" I whine then cringe at myself.

This time she looks at me huffing then says, "And why not?"

"I need to Cuddle, I can't sleep without Cuddling" I smile cheekily at her.

"You slept perfectly this afternoon without Cuddling, so just go to sleep" she states facts.

"I had a pillow with me. I atleast need two pillows to sleep comfortably but you just used to happen to take away all the pillows and uses it as a pillow wall"

"You still have a pillow with you under my head"

"Exactly! It's under my head, not in my arms"

"Then just take one and sleep" she says then turns away to sleep.

"No no no no no, I want to cuddle with you"

"The what?"

"Cuddle. It's when two peo—"

"I know that!" She practically yells.

Oh

"I'm not cuddling with you"

"Why not?"

"Why should I?"

"Because I said!"

"Well then stop speaking"

"Why would I?"

"Why not?"

"aha" I yell this time, "what did you say Just a second ago?" I ask her.

She frowns a confusing look on her face, "I said 'Why not?'"

"And what question did I ask you a few minutes ago? Not now"

"You asked me to cuddle you"

"And what did you say?"

"I said 'Why not?'" she says quickly, frustrated from me but soon her eyes widen as she realises what she said.

"See you want to cuddle me too?" I grin at her.

"You tricked me!" She points her finger at me.

"Did it work?" I ask her, a bright smile on my face.

She looks at me for a good few seconds then starts laughing lowly, "Yes now come here" she opens her arms indicating me to join her.

I almost jump on her, she turns to her back and I cuddle her from behind, my one hand in her hair and the other on her waist. I rub soothing circles on ber waist with the pad of my thumb and I feel her relax and let out a sign.

"Getting too comfortable are we?" She asks randomly.

"Yeah, but do you mind it?" I ask her lowly, my voice almost a whisper.

"Absolutely not"

💗💗💗

Hiiii!

I was stuck in this chapter was so long. So I had to let out at once. Sorry if you didn't like it.

See yea 🤍