Chapter 9: What?

I underestimated

I underestimated.

I underestimated him.

I underestimated his mafia.

Right now we are in Llyod's car going to one of his mafia warehouses. For what you say?

He got a text from Matteo that they CAUGHT THE MOLE.

I'm literally going to pee my pants right now. If that man says my name I am doomed.

I am sitting in the passenger seat and Llyod on the drivers seat.

He keeps glancing at my direction after every second seeing at how nervous I look tapping by fingers on my bouncing legs.

"You okay?" He asked after a few minutes.

"Yeah! I'm fine" I said a little too loudly.

I'm seriously doomed

He just looks at me weirdly before continuing to look forward, driving.

I am so scared and even Derrick isn't here with me. He was about to come but couldn't since...

Luna peed on his shoes

Well his socks too so they were soaked

He started screaming and cursing at everything and ran straight to the bathroom, probably washing and scrubbing his legs untill it turns red.

I think he is traumatized

Remember the time, he traumatized Luna by screaming behind my back.

Well, this should be the paycheck.

*Laughs in an evil way*

You're going to die the moment he finds out and you're laughing

Shut u-

"We're here" Llyod says. The car coming to a stop. I slowly get out of the car and start following Llyod as he goes inside.

My Heart is Beating rapidly and for the first time in my life I am scared of someone actually finding about me.

Llyod's face is completely emotionless. He head held high and a dark, intimidating and powerful aura coming out of him.

He is not like that usually.

I mentally prepare and pray for the worst.

He walks down the hallways, everyone immediately nods and some quiver away in fear, "Matteo should be here since he was close by"

Like he said, We see Matteo standing a few feet away from us talking to someone. Llyod walks up to him and says his name. Matteo looks behind and immediately tells the person he was talking to go away.

"Boss" he nods

"Take me to the man" orders Llyod.

"Take you there? Where?" Matteo says confused.

"The mole Matteo. Take me there" Llyod says this time more sternly.

"Bu-But Sir, I thought you would be bringing him with you" he says eyes wide.

This time Llyod gets frustrated "For god's sake Matteo, have you lost your mind. How can I bring him here when you are the one who messaged me!"

Matteo looks like someone who saw a ghost "Si-Sir"

"SPEAK!"

geez this man

I Place a hand on him shoulder to calm him down, even though I so not want to. He looks at me then at everyone who was looking at us. Then he turns back to Matteo with a more calmer face.

"What is it Matteo" he says so softly as if he is sacred Matteo will break down any moment. From his tone I can say they have known each other for years.

"Sir you were the one who messaged me that you found the mole and that you're bringing him with you here"

Llyod's eyes go wide and he immediately takes out his phone and practically shoves it onto Matteo"s face who stumbles down a few steps back. He hold the phone and I can see it says that Matteo texted him to come here.

Matteo's eyes do wide too

At this point everyone will bawl their eyes out

Matteo then takes out his phone and hands it out to his boss and it also shows the same message from Llyod.

"I did not text you this. How?" Says Llyod still shocked and looking in the phone.

"I did not send it to you too sir"

"Let's go my office, we'll discuss there. This basically means that we have been Tricked or distracted into something. Let's go!"

We all nod and start walking to his office, but before we could make it any further, a loud explosion is heard from outside. We all run, our guns securely clutched in our hands.

There just outside the warehouse which is located nowhere in the woods is completely drowned in blazes of fire. The trees that were once full of green leaves of calmness suddenly looked like different shades of orange shadows.

The warehouse looks safe. The blazing fire did not reach an ounce near the building making it completely look like somebody casted a magical bubble around it to keep it protected.

I hear Llyod speak into his phone about calling the fire brigade or something about more men are needed or something about checking if everything else is safe despite the fact that the fire did not reach the building.

But that's not what was on my mind. The only thing going on in my mind right now was...

I just hope all this is worth it

Standing outside the building in my car and looking through the window, all I can think about is

What just happened?

First the distraction then the explosion.

Was the distraction for the explosion?

No it can't be. If whoever is doing this wanted to kill us, they would have exploded the entire building, not just the outside trees and grasses.

This doesn't make sense.

I called Dad and informed him about this. Even everyone the main warehouse knows. I have my men to check the outside CCTV footage and check if they find anything.

This was like a message but I don't know what. I start the engine driving to the main office, also dropping Serenity at home first. She protested that she wanted to go but I am not allowing her to.

Going there and not finding anything will just be a waste of time, besides it's better that one of us stay home. She is an Assassin and the soon to be Russian Mafia leader. I'm sure if someone tries attacking our home, then she can easily save herself and my family and till then I can see what I can do.

When will it all end?