13. a grieving teenager

𖦹

𖦹

              NO MATTER HOW HARD they tried to convince Daryl to stay, it proved to be of no use.

                  It took so long that Merle woke up in the trunk and lost his shit. More yelling filled the forest. Sadie was hiding her tears. Nellie was trying her best not to chop into Merle's head. And Koa was much too numb to fight for Daryl to stay.

            So, Daryl left with his ignorant brother. Abandoning the family they've formed for him.

                Koa somehow got stuck next to Sadie in the back of the car. They're shoulder to shoulder but neither have said a word, just stealing the occasional glance when the other isn't looking. They both have a lot of questions for the other though.

          Why is Sadie's hair blonde?

             When did Koa get bangs?

              Is Uncle Shane dead?

               What has Sadie lost?

               Nothing leaves their mouths towards the other. Sadie only talks to Nellie while Koa talks to everyone else except Michonne.

         The car comes to a sudden halt, making Koa's head nearly bounce off the head of the driver's seat.

          "There's a blockade," Maggie groans.

          Koa taps her head against the window, "I dare for one thing to go right," She complains and hops out of the car with everyone else.

               Barbed wire sits on either side of a red pick up truck in the middle of the road.

           "Free truck?" Koa shrugs but she's just met with deadpanned stares. "Get the breaks," Rick tells Glenn. He seems to be moving better, less winces with every breath but that swollen eye will be there for a while. He walks over and opens the driver's door only for a walker to spring out at him. Glenn reacts quickly, pulling the creature to the road and then smashing its head in with his shoe repeatedly into the warm Georgia street.

             They all watch with wide eyes, even the ones who have no idea about the man's usual calm composure. His aura usually reminds Koa of a baby llama but now she's watching him angrily bash the head in of the walker even as its snarls stop.

     Nellie is pretty sure that she, Sadie and him are all thinking of it being the same person: Merle.

               Maybe even The Governor for the injured man and what he possibly did to Maggie.