The Fight

Damien's POV-
When I saw Lia today, I somehow felt relieved. Last night I went bonkers thinking about all the possibilities for the reason she didn't come to university. Yesterday, father told me we had to go to a ball tonight and I would have to bring a date with me. I still haven't figured out whom to take. It's an important occasion as all the powerful mafias will be present there. I need to take someone responsible.

Suddenly an idea struck me. I can take Lia and climb one more step of the challenge. She doesn't need to know it's a mafia ball. I was going to ask her when the bell for the first lecture rang.

It was literature class and I fucking hate it. We were currently reading Pride and Prejudice, the main cause I don't like literature. It is boring as fuck. I have counted every second of this class yet it isn't over. As I thought about pulling a stunt the bell rang. Fucking bell had to ring when I was about harass the teacher.

I looked up to see the teacher still explaining the last part. Is she deaf? Didn't she heard the bell? She was in the middle of her explanation when I swung my bag over my shoulder and left in front of her. Well, I don't give a fuck about Literature and most importantly I don't give a fuck about my impression in front of her.

Now I just need to find Lia and ask her out to the ball. I was on my way to find her when I bumped into the person I least wanted to see.

"Marco! What a pleasure to meet you!" I said sarcastically.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the boy who is dating his worst enemy."

"Fucking stop it Marco." I warned.

"What will happen if your dad finds out about it huh?!"

"You wouldn't dare." I smirked.

"Why wouldn't I dare?"

"Because if you dare then I would fucking punch you to death."

"Oh! I'm so scared of you. I want my mommy right now." He said sarcastically.

And with that statement said I punched him in the cheekbone, where my ring cut his face. He punched me in the stomach and we broke into a fight.

Suddenly, out of nowhere where Lia came and separated us. She looked back and forth between me and Marco and then dragged me out of there.

"Are you out of your fucking brains?" She almost sounded worried. Almost.

We were in an empty classroom and she took out a first aid kit from her bag.

"What the hell were you two fighting for?"

I decided to ignore her question. She started treating my wound carefully.

"Why are you being nice to me?" She stopped.

"We're friends and friends help each other." She continued her nursing again.

"Will you go out on a date with me?" She stopped again. I just blurted that out because I couldn't hold my anxiety any longer. I winced when I felt the burning sensation of alcohol fresh on my wound.

"Why?" Was all she said.

"Well um... I have a ball to go to tonight and my father told me that I would have to bring a date with me. So, I didn't have anyone whom I can ask."

"Why don't you ask Skylar?" My blood boiled and my expression turned into a scowl.

"It would be boring so I need someone to spend time with, not someone who will just cling on my arm and flaunt the next day about going to a ball with me." Her phone pinged with a notification. She read something and turned to me.