The Ball

Lia's POV-
The doors opened and we were met with everyone's gaze. It was as if time stopped when we entered. Everyone were stunned. I glanced at my parents and they throwing daggers at me. I don't know what I did wrong this time to get that reaction from my parents. They were fine during our car ride over here. We stepped inside to loose the unwanted attention.

"Why are they looking at us like this?" I asked.

"How would I know?" He replied, gazing at far distance and gulping. He almost looked nervous. Almost.

I matched the line of his sight and was immediately met with a couple visibly throwing daggers at us. Again. But I couldn't shake the feeling that they were particularly scowling at me. My best guess would be that they were his parents judging by their reaction. But what problem do they have with me? I averted my gaze to look for someone familiar. I felt a little uncomfortable under everyone's gaze. Everyone were whispering while looking at the two of us. I saw Sebastian walking towards us.

"Hey Seb, where's your date." I asked.
"She's in the restroom." I nodded.
"Nicknames already?" Damien asked amused. More like said.
"Yeah, why? Jealous?" I joked.
"Jealous? Me? In your dreams." He scoffed.
"Why would I dream about you?" I fired back. He stood there dumbfounded and I smirked at my victory.
"So, atlas, you did have the guts to ask Lilypad out." Ooh! I love that nickname.
"What do you mean?" Damien asked.
"You know." They shared a knowing look.

Someone cleared their throat and I turned my attention towards them.

"Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Miller." Damien and Seb said simultaneously. My parents nodded, completely ignoring their presence.

"We need to talk to Lia. Alone." Damien and Seb glanced at me, I nodded and they left.

"What do you think you are doing?" My dad asked as soon as they were out of sight. I don't know why he was so furious. I've never seen him this furious.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You clearly know what I mean." He said furiously.

"No, I don't." He was frustrated now.

"Why are you here with Damien?" Oh! So, that's what this is about.

"Why? What's wrong with him?" I glanced at mom. She had a smug look on her face. She loved my attitude towards dad. Only I could talk to him like this. If it was anyone else, they would have been six feet under the ground by now. But he can't do that to his daughter. Not because he loves me or anything. Love is miles away from my dad's heart. Maybe that's why decided to ruin my teenage years. But, if he killed me, then what would be left of his reputation. He cared about his reputation and money more than his own blood.

"Many things."

"Like what dad?"

"Just know that you can't be with him."

"Why? Give me one solid reason why can't I be with him?" He was about to answer when an old couple greeted him.

"We'll pick this up at home." And then they walked away.

I breathed a sigh of relief, but it was short lived. Someone was dragging me out of the hall and towards the hallway.

"What the fuck?" I shouted.

"You might wanna keep your voice down or else you'll regret deeply." It was the same scary couple who were throwing daggers at Damien and me.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked.

"Oh! Don't act like you don't know us."

"Well, news flash! I actually don't." I was getting frustrated.