5.

ღ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ღ

lunchtime approached, and chris had spent of the morning on his own. people had spoken to him in his classes, and he had been polite, but he wasn't really in the mood for conversation. 

that's a lie - he just wanted in the mood for conversation with them

there were a handful of people he wanted to talk to, but none of them were in his morning classes. he had been counting down the minutes until he could see his brothers, phoebe and summer. 

he walked into the hall, immediately making his way to their usual table. he could see nick, matt and phoebe, and he felt a sense of peace for a few seconds before he realised summer wasn't there, and the peace disappeared.

''where did you disappear to this morning?'' nick asked as chris sat down.

''i had to talk to someone.'' he said uneasily, trying to forget his conversation with the brunette girl. ''where's summer?''

''bro, i swear you ask that more than anything else.'' matt said, rolling his eyes.

''yeah, because she's my girlfriend and yet i never fucking know where she is!''

''woah. what's going on with you?'' phoebe asked, pushing a pepsi in front of him.

he took it gratefully, opening it and drinking some before answering. ''sorry - i'm just stressed out right now.''

''what happened?''

''summers-''

''i heard my name.''

chris turned slightly to see his girlfriend standing behind him, a smile on her face. she put her arms around him, trailing down his chest. she bent down, so that her hair was tickling his face.

''i was just asking where you were.'' 

''well, i'm right here.'' she said, pressing a kiss to his cheek. ''did millie not tell you i'd see at lunch?''

''she did-''

''and i'm here.'' 

''i missed you this morning.''

summer moved away from him, taking the seat next to him instead. she always sat there - it had been her seat for three years. chris and summer sat on the left, whilst matt and phoebe sat on the right. nick would sometimes eat lunch with millie and jayden but, when he did sit with the others, he would sit at the head of the table.

she smiled lightly. ''i missed you too, babe.''

''you don't like us anymore, sum?'' matt joked.

''you know i could never hate you, matthew.''

''so, you're riding with us tomorrow?'' chris asked.

''i don't know yet.'' she replied simply. ''where's nick?''

matt pointed. ''with millie and jayden.''

she nodded. ''okay.''

''i'm surprised you're not with them.'' phoebe said lightly.

chris shot her a stern look, but it was accompanied with a small smirk. to be honest, he was surprised she wasn't with them, but he didn't want to start an argument. phoebe didn't really care about arguing with summer - she knew chris wouldn't get mad at her - and he kinda, really appreciated that fact right now.

the blonde looked at her blankly. ''i can't sit with my boyfriend?''

''you can, but you haven't been for the past week.''