24.

ღ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ღ

chris pushed through the crowd and into the house, looking around for millie. he saw her rushing towards the front door, and he followed her. she pulled open the front door angrily, running down the drive.

''millie!'' he called. 

she didn't stop.

he ran to catch her, putting his hand on her shoulder. ''millie, please-''

''no!'' she yelled, pulling her arm away forcefully. ''fuck you, chris! fuck you!''

''just let me explain!''

''explain what?! i just saw what happened...what could you even say right now?!''

''i...'' he trailed off, not even sure what to finish with.

tears ran down her face as she looked at him. ''how could you do that?''

he shook his head sadly. ''i'm sorry.''

''i let you kiss me, chris!'' she cried. ''that might not have been a big deal to you, but it was a big deal to me!''

''it is a big deal to me!''

''liar!'' she yelled, wiping her tears angrily. ''don't even try and lie to me right now!''

''i'm not!''

''chris? millie?'' a voice called. the two of them turned to see nick looking at them in concern from a distance. ''are you guys okay?''

''nick! can you find jayden and tell him to meet me out here right now?'' the brunette girl called.

chris tried to argue, but nick disapeared into the house, and he knew he had about thirty seconds before jayden came storming out, and probably beat chris' ass for making her cry...which he totally deserved.

''millie, please stay. please let me explain-''

''no.'' she said, shaking her head. ''you know, chris, i knew my promise not to kiss anybody was stupid, but maybe i should've kept it because it looks like i gave it up for somebody who doesn't give a fuck about me.''

he felt his heart crumble. ''no, i-''

''millie?'' jayden called, rushing down the drive. ''what the fuck? why are you crying?''

millie honestly thought her night couldn't get any worse, but seeing jayden, the concern on his face and worry in his voice just broke her heart even more. maybe chris had betrayed her, but summer had cheated on jayden, and he didn't deserve that.

she began to cry even more. ''your girlfriend is cheating on you, jayden, and it's all my fault.''

''what?'' he asked, his voice shaking slightly. ''who did she cheat with?''

she didn't respond - she didn't want chris to get into trouble - but it didn't take a genius to work out who it was. millie was crying, chris looked in pain and to be honest, summer was nowhere to be found.

jayden's face completely changed as he looked at the boy. ''you cheated on millie?''

chris shook his head. ''i didn't-''

''are you serious?'' he scoffed. ''with your ex?''

''jayden!'' millie cried. ''please can we leave?''

''no! i'm going to kick chris' fucking ass!''

''i don't want you to! i just want to leave!''

jayden was furious as he thought for a moment. he didn't even care that summer had cheated on him, he just cared that chris had hurt his best friend. she was the sweetest girl ever and, seeing her tear-stained face, he wanted nothing more than to teach chris a lesson.