𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

ღ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ღ

ONE YEAR LATER:

''mill.'

''mill.''

''millie.''

''MILLIE!''

she jumped, opening her eyes with a unpleasant look already on her face. she hadn't even been awake for one second, and she was already in a bad mood. when somebody was yelling her own name in her face, and it wasn't an emergency, that was just a recipe for a bad day.

but it was hard to stay mad when she saw who had been calling her name. her stupid boyfriend who already had a stupid grin on his face despite it being obvious that he had only just woken up. she tried to resist, but she couldn't help but smile.

''go away, chris.''

''happy anniversary!''

she looked at him in confusion. ''what?''

''it's our first year anniversary!'' he replied excitedly. ''come on, wake up!''

''you remember our anniversary?''

he stopped. ''you don't?''

''i do! i just...didn't think you would.''

''i spend everyday thinking about how much i love you, mill.'' he admitted with a shy smile. ''i've been waiting for this day so i can show you just how much.''

''i love you too.'' she replied. ''but please let me sleep.''

he rolled his eyes. ''fine boring.''

''fuck you, man.'' she muttered, holding her arm out. ''come here.''

he didn't need to be told twice. he was immediately next to his girlfriend, gently putting his arm around her shoulders. she moved further down the bed so that she could rest her head on his chest, and she put her leg over his.

''this is really how you want to spend our anniversary?'' he mumbled.

''for now.'' she replied. ''but when I wake up, I want to see hundreds of gifts.''

''hundreds?'' he echoed. ''you're lucky to have one.''

''you should've kept the initial necklaces for now.'' she joked.

chris laughed. they had been together for one year, and they both still wore the necklaces. millie was impressed that her boyfriend hadn't broken his one yet. she told him that, and he protested it was their love that kept it from breaking - it could never be broken.

she thought he was a cute idiot for that.

''i have something even better for you.'' he replied.

''what is it?''

''no, you wanted to go back to sleep so goodnight.''

''but-''

''shhh, go to bed.'' he said, pulling the blanket up to her chin and tucking her in dramatically. he pressed a kiss to her lips and then pulled the covers over him, putting his arm around his girlfriend's waist. ''you picked sleep over gifts so sleep.''

she rolled her eyes, debating whether to argue longer with him, but she was so tired that she couldn't really be bothered. she cuddled into her boyfriend, closing her eyes and sighing slightly before going back to sleep.

-

millie didn't know what time it was when she finally woke up, but she immediately noticed the empty spot in the bed next to her. she reached to grab her phone and was surprised to see that it was only 11am. she was about to get up and start looking for chris when he entered the room.