11.

ღ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ღ

''i need you to be my fake girlfriend.''

millie stared at him for a few seconds, processing what he had just said. she didn't even know how to respond because she didn't understand what he was talking about. he was looking at her expectantly, and she shook her head in confusion.

''what?''

''hear me out-''

''what goes on in your mind?'' she asked.

he shrugged. ''you don't even wanna know.''

''you're right about that.''

''okay, millie-''

''i'm not being your fake girlfriend, chris!''

''just hear me out! i think you'll go for it!''

''are you just forgetting when i said i don't want to talk to you ever again?!''

''i know, but i think i can change your mind.''

she looked at him for a moment and then sighed. ''i'll hear you out-''

''thank you.''

''-BUT i don't think i'll do it.''

chris held his hands up in surrender. ''as long as you listen, i'm cool with it.''

she rolled her eyes, but sat on the bench, dropping her bag to the floor. she put her hand out, signaling for chris to sit, and he took the seat next to her. he turned to face her, and thought for a few seconds before speaking.

''i want summer back. everybody has said it's her loss, i want her to realise that and, i think that the best way for that to happen is to make her jealous, to show her what she's missing.''

''okay.''

''but i don't want a real girlfriend, because i want summer. i need somebody to pretend to be my girlfriend, to make her notice me and make her jealous.''

''i'm sure there are loads of girls who would want to be your girlfriend, chris, even if it's fake.''

''but you're perfect for the role of my fake girlfriend!''

''but i don't like you.''

''that's even better! i need somebody who won't start loving me and, if you hate me, it means you definitely won't.''

she licked her teeth as she thought for a second. ''what do i get out of it?''

he hesitated. ''i know you like jayden.''

''how do you-''

''it's obvious. you're always staring at him, and i see your smile fade whenever summer is around him.''

''it's not that obvious because he doesn't know.'' millie mumbled.

''he's just dumb.''

''careful, christopher. i love jayden, don't talk bad about him.''

''okay, sorry.'' he said hurriedly. ''look, mill, if you be my fake girlfriend, you can make jayden jealous.''

''it doesn't work.'' she replied miserably.

''it will this time.'' 

she shook her head. ''no. you'll have to find someone else.''

''it won't work with anyone else!''

''well, you'll have to try!'' she exclaimed, standing up. ''you treated me like shit, and you're only being nice to me now so i'll help you!''

''that's not true and, even if it was, you'll gain something out of it!''