26.

ღ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ღ

and that's why millie punched her.

summer was caught off-guard, meaning millie did land the punch, and both girls were completely shocked.

for a few seconds.

summer grabbed millie's hair, pulling her head down and bringing her knee to her face. the brunette girl felt pain explode in her nose, but she didn't let that stop her. she had started the fight, and now she was determined to finish it.

jayden tried to grab millie, to protect her, to do something, but a huge crowd was forming, and he was being pushed back as it got bigger. 

the two girls continued to fight and millie was actually winning, but summer tripped her, forcing the brunette girl to fall onto her back. she groaned in pain, but she barely had a second to think before the blonde girl was on top of her.

''why did you have to date chris?!'' she yelled, grabbing millie's shirt angrily.

''why are you so angry at me?! i didn't steal him from you!''

''you're the one who started the fight!''

''yeah, because you hurt me and you hurt jayden and you fucking hurt chris!'' millie yelled, anger surging through her. 

she grabbed summer's shoulders, pushing her roughly. the blonde girl tumbled backwards, and it gave her enough time to get up. both of them looked at each other, their breathing heavy, and then they began to fight again.

''why do you even care? none of them even like you!'' 

millie felt tears in her eyes as she shoved summer to the ground. she tried to get up, but the brunette kicked her back down. she tried again, but millie was so angry that she suddenly had strength she didn't even know she had. she was able to kick summer down with ease, and the blonde didn't bother trying to stand again.

''why are you so mean to me?'' the brunette whispered with tears in her eyes.

''all you're ever going to be is a second choice, millie.'' summer said. ''let it sink in.''

at that moment, both chris and jayden pushed through the crowd, looking at both of the girls. both of them had pure worry in their eyes, and millie couldn't help but notice that they were both looking at her - not summer.

''are you okay?'' chris asked.

''why do you even care?!''

''because i-'' he stopped, walking closer to her. ''your nose is bleeding.''

''just leave me the fuck alone, chris!''

he grew angry, looking down at summer. ''what did you do to her?!''

''are you kidding?! look at my eye - it's already swelling!'' summer yelled.

''yeah, and you probably deserve that!''

''don't try and act innocent for little miss perfect over here-''

''don't call me that!'' millie scowled.

-it takes two people to kiss, you dick! if i deserve a black eye, that means you do!'' summer finished, keeping her gaze on chris.

he lowered his head slightly, knowing it was true.

summer looked at jayden. ''you're always beating people up for millie - why not chris?!'' 

''at least he's sorry!'' jayden defended, surprising all three of them. ''you're lucky i'm not kicking your ass for how you spoke about millie!''