Chapter 5- Changing dynamics!

NEXT PART WILL BE PUBLISHED AFTER 350 COMMENTS.

Khushi stood before the wall adorned with the kaleidoscope of family memories. Each photograph shared a story. A memory that would be treasured for life. A silent tear escaped Khushi's eyes. In the quiet solitude of her thoughts, Khushi found herself grappling with the weight of her children's sufferings, a reality starkly different from the idyllic life she had envisioned for them. It was not the time for tears, but she could not hold back any longer.

Adarsh, her anchor through the storms of life, had been her confidant for years. She discovered a best friend within her own child. As he grew, their relationship evolved into a bond that surpassed the conventional boundaries of mother and son.

Yet, a pang of guilt gripped Khushi. While Adarsh bared his soul, sharing every pain and joy with her, she was now withholding the truth that could condemn them all. The doctors' advice echoed in her mind, urging caution. However, a part of Khushi couldn't shake the conviction that when the time came for the truth to reveal itself, Adarsh might not be able to deal with the reality. 

Khushi's distress deepened as she dwelt on Abhimanyu's revelation. She couldn't shake the ache in her chest. Abeer and Simran, had a big family, still they had to fight the battle alone. It pained her deeply to imagine the fear and sadness they must've felt. As Khushi thought about  Ashi, a chill ran down her spine. No parent deserved such pain.  

She couldn't help but despise Rana for putting them through hell. He was responsible for her children's suffering. In a way he had been punished for his sins. He had lost a daughter he adored, but he even then he did not realize his mistakes. He was still the same vindictive man. She hoped one day he would pay for his sins. She hoped one day......

The soft creak of footsteps alerted Khushi, and she swiftly brushed away the evidence of her tears as Simran entered the room. Khushi marveled at the resilience that radiated from the young woman. She did not understand how the woman could smile despite what what she suffered. Anyone in her place would have despised them, but Simran chose to look beyond the pain and embrace them.

In a time when Simran needed them the most, they had sadly fallen short. The circumstances forced their hands, but the truth was they failed to be there for their children. Yet, Simran, harbored no blame. Khushi marveled at the maturity that surpassed her years—a capacity to look beyond personal pain and understand the nuances of the situation.

"Dinner ke liye chale, Mumma? Sab wait kar rahe hain (Shall we go for dinner, mumma. Everyone is waiting)" Simran's voice gently pulled Khushi from her thoughts. Khushi, held Simran's hand, urging her to sit. She couldn't find peace until she addressed the unspoken turmoil. If only they had known about Ashi's situation, she pondered, her heart heavy with the realization that they could have mobilized every resource to gather the needed funds. Their own struggles had been profound, but for Ashi, they would have found a way. Khushi wanted Simran to understand, beyond any doubt, that Ashi's well-being held a paramount place in their hearts.

"Kya hua (What happened), Mumma..." 

"Ashi hum sab ke liye bohot important hai, Simmi (Ashi is very important to us Simmi)," Khsuhi spoke gently, but her voice was heavy with emotion. "We all love her. Even if Abeer had truly hurt us, we would still love her with our whole hearts. Woh humare bachche hain (She is our child), Simmi." Her voice broke.

"Aap yeh sab kyun bol rahe ho, Mumma? Mujhe pata hai aap sab Ashi ko kitna pyar karte hain. Aur woh to mujhse zyada aapke paas rehte hain, phir.... (I know, mumma. You all love Ashi a lot. She spends more time with you then me.....)

"Agar hame pregnancy ke bare mein pata hota to hum (If we had known about the pregnancy)..." Khushi hesitated, the words catching in her throat. It wasn't easy for her to say it. "Hum itne nirdaye nahi hain, Simmi, ke hum apne bache ko mar... Mera Adi kabhi aisa nahi kar sakta... Khud ko bech deta woh lekin Ashi ko kuch nahi hone deta... Hume sach mein nahi pata tha, Simmi. (We would have done everything in our power to help you. Adarsh can never betray you like that. A child is very important. My Adi will never do that, Simmi. He would have moved heaven and earth to get the money. We really did not know the truth, Simmi)"