Chapter 16- 'No' means 'No'!

Abeer and Adarsh rushed inside the police station to meet the boys

Abeer and Adarsh rushed inside the police station to meet the boys. Akshat had only told them about the fight that landed the boy in the station. They had no other details. Ayaan was seated outside the SI's cabin on a bench with Akshat. He looked bruised, but there was no trace of guilt on his face. Rather, he looked furious.

Akshat saw them and stood up, "bhaiya," his throat went dry.

Adarsh had only eyes for Ayu. The boy was not making eye contact, but he could see the body language clearly. There was no trace of guilt. For a brief second, he had been filled with fury. The thought of his brother in the station did not sit well with him. The boys were told not to get into fights. He wanted to shake some sense into Ayaan; he would have to, but something stopped him. The boy he remembered was an introvert, he never stood for himself, even when someone bullied him, he remained silent. For him to react that way needed a strong reason.

"Kya hua Ayaan?" He forced the anger away and confronted his younger brother, "why did you fight?"

The cabin doors opened, and an angry Simran walked outside. Her eyes were blazing with suppressed fury.

"Did you destroy the whole music shop?" she hissed in fury. Ayaan flinched and looked down.

"Bhabhi, please yaar, daro maat aap use," Akshat leaped to his twin's defense immediately.

"Itna bada tamasa karte waqt dar nehi laga ise?" Simran's eyes glinted, "you know how much in damages the man is claiming. It is an insane amount. If you do not pay, he will press charges. What were you thinking Ayaan?"

"Kuch galat nehi keya usne bhabhi," Anjali's voice startled them. She walked to them with Roshni. Adarsh was shocked to see Roshni's condition. She was sporting a big bandage on her forehead. She looked as bruised as Ayaan.

"Kya hua?" His hands automatically reached out to her.

Roshni shook her head. It was nothing he should be concerned about. Ayaan should not have gotten involved at all. She had been handling it just fine. She looked at the boy. He looked badly bruised.

"He needs medical attention," she could not help but point out.

"He needs common sense," Simran hissed, "what got into you Ayaan? Could you not wait till Anish came in? call kiya tha na tune use, phir....."

"Kya hua?" Abeer cut her off. He knew for a fact that Ayaan would not react without a reason.

Ayaan refused to answer, but Akshat did. The brothers listened tensed as he recounted the details.

They had gone inside the music instrument store to buy the guitar. They had only been there for two minutes when they found the best guitar for their bhaiyu. They wanted to have it, but the price made them rethink. If they put in so much for their bhaiyu's gift, they would be out of funds for their bhaiya's gift. Anjali saw the guitar and knew it was for their bhaiyu. She convinced the boys to take it, offering to split the funds.