Chapter 24- The Truth!

The family sat down to have dinner

The family sat down to have dinner. Khushi made sure she had prepared everything as the elder twins preferred. She prepared every dish they liked. After five years, she had her sons with her. She wanted to make the day memorable for them in her way.

Abeer saw the dishes and smiled. No one could compete with his mother when it came to cooking. She was the best.

"Aaise kya dekh raha hai bacha. chal kah na" Khushi coaxed gently.

"Aap khelado mumma aaj."

He did not have to ask twice. Khushi sat down with him to feed him. It had been so long that she had almost forgotten the feeling.

"Sare pyar sab bahiyu ke leye mumma," Akshat complained, "humara kya?"

"Cup kar," Anjali whacked him gently, "humesha to tera he chalta aya hai. Aaj bahiyu aur bhaiya ka din hai. Let them enjoy."

Akshat sighed but looked around. Everyone had come, but his bhaiya was missing.

"Bhaiya kaha reh gaye?"

"Woh bas ate he honge?"

Khushi looked up at Anjali. She had been saying that all evening. Adrash had left abruptly after the presentation. He was not taking anyone's calls.

"Kaha reh gaya woh?"

"Bhaiya aa jayenge mumma. Mughe dahe chaye. Yhe bohot teekha bana hai."

Khushi's attention was immediately diverted. Ajali could not stomach spice, and Adarsh loved it. She rushed inside to get the curd.

The brothers looked at Anjali. They all knew what she had just done.

"Khaa hai Adi? Bhaiya?"

"Curry paas karna bhaiyu," Anjali tried to divert their attention.

"Anjali...."

"Aap khud call kar lo. Mughe nehi pata."

Abeer gave her a strenuous look. Anjali shrugged off her shoulders and said, "Kuch der pe pata chal jayega aapko. There is nothing to hide."

"Anju....."

He was about to say something when Khushi came back. Anjali shot him a pleading look. Abeer fell silent. He was worried for Adarsh, but he could not let his mother know that. She picked up his plate again. His worry faded away. He just wanted to enjoy the moment with his mother. Adarsh knew what he was doing. He just had to trust him to handle himself.

 He just had to trust him to handle himself