Chapter 9- Words that needed to be said!

"Abeer stayed with Adarsh until he drifted off to a restless sleep

"Abeer stayed with Adarsh until he drifted off to a restless sleep. He could understand his frustration. The twins' behavior was confusing him. Though their parents had prepared them for the situation, they couldn't expect the boys to act maturely. He would have been patient, but Adarsh's condition worried him. He took a deep breath and made his way to the twins' room. He knew there would be an argument. When it came to Adarsh, the twins rarely listened, but he needed to try. He could not risk Adarsh getting hurt.

The twins were in their room, huddled together. Aki was trying his best to make Ayaan talk, but the boy had fallen silent after he came back from their bhaiya's room. Aki could feel his twin's agitation.

"Ayu, please, yaar, tujhe nahi perform karna toh bhaiya ko bata dete hain na. He never forces us to do anything we do not want. If you are not comfortable performing, then bhaiya will understand...."

"He will understand, Aki," Ayu gave him a tired look, "Paanch saal se woh humare har stupidity samajhte hain to aaye hain. I will not trouble him when he is so unwell. Saakshi Di se kal hi baat hui hai mere. She told me in no unclear terms that bhaiya should not be taking any kind of stress. Bhool gaya doctor ne kya bataya hame accident ke baad? His condition is very fragile Aki, till the brain clot dissolves, we need to be careful. If this gives him happiness, so be it. I will participate, Aki. Bhaiya ke liye kuch bhi kar sakta hoon main, this is nothing."

"Aur tere khushi ka kya, Ayu?" Abeer's voice startled them. The boys got down from the bed immediately. They had not realized their bhaiya was there.

"Aap kab aaye, bhaiyu?" Aki was the first to ask.

"Bhaiya, theek hai?" Ayu looked worried.

Abeer nodded his head but motioned for them to sit. "Baitho dono, baat karte hain."

Both of them looked at each other, but they looked very worried.

"Bhaiya sach mein theek hai na, bhaiyu......"

"Woh so raha hai, Aki. I will never lie to you two about Adi. NEVER."

The boys sat down immediately. Abeer sat down beside them. "Tum dono Adi ke condition jante ho na?" The twins nodded their heads.

"So you guys know, he cannot stress himself in any way?"

The twins nodded their heads again.

"Good, do you also understand that Adarsh is my twin?"

The boys stiffened.

"Tum dono twin bond ke baare mein jaante ho, bacha. You know how deep the connection runs. Adi can feel my every emotion and so can I. Just the way you two can read each other's pain. Time, distance, and misunderstandings cannot destroy that bond, boys. Even when I was far away, I could feel Adi's pain. There were days I could hardly breathe...... I am sure your bhaiya felt the same."

He could see the sheen of tears in their eyes, but there was nothing he could do about it. Adi's condition was his priority.

"Use hamare beech ke galatfahmiyon ka koi andaza nahi hai, Aki. He thinks we are all a very happy family. We have to keep the facade, or he will hurt again. I know you two find it difficult to forgive me....."