Chapter 23- Abeer Abhimanyu Goinka!

Adarsh rushed back with Roshni to the mansion

Adarsh rushed back with Roshni to the mansion. Harsh was fussing a lot. Anjali was not able to calm him down. She was the only one who had stayed back as someone had to look after the kids. Adarsh saw his son's crunched face and knew he was coming down with a fever. He had been teething for a week. The irritation was the aftermath.

He took the baby from Anjali and gently rocked him. Harsh refused to be soothed.

"Doctor ko call kiya?" Roshni sounded tense. She was training to be a doctor herself but never checked on Harsh. She was too scared of messing up. Her emotional connection to the boy made it impossible for her to think levelheadedly.

"Kiya, he is on his way."

Both Roshni and Adarsh were relieved to hear it. Abeer rushed inside. He looked at Adarsh; he had left from the court so abruptly that it worried him.

"Is everything alright?" Abeer frowned.

Adarsh nodded his head; Harsh was still crying.

"Yeh itna ro kyun raha hai?"

"He is teething, bhaiyu," Roshni told him as she reached for the baby. The baby quietened down in her embrace immediately.

"Chal Adi, we need to be in court. Yuvraj will take the stand....."

"Let him, Abeer. I cannot leave Harsh in this state. Yuvraj can say what he wants; my child will stay with me. I am not letting him go."

Abeer did not argue on that. There was no way they were letting go of the baby voluntarily.

"I will go back. If you need something, call."

Adarsh agreed; Abeer walked away. He had a lot weighing him down. He hoped for once Yuvraj did the right thing because if he did not, he would have to sever all ties with him, and that would hurt Simmi a lot, and him too. No matter how much he would like to deny, for a brief period Yuvraj had been the only support. He still owed him his daughter's life. He sent a quick prayer and walked out. The ball was completely in Yuvraj's court.

Yuvraj looked at Neil as he called him to the stand

Yuvraj looked at Neil as he called him to the stand. Simran was yet to spare him a second glance. His eyes drifted to the benches where the family was seated. Abeer was missing. He remembered the conversation he had with Abeer. His hands fisted by his side. He could not even use the one advantage he had.