-Epilogue-

One Year Later

One Year Later

The studio was filled with cheers as Ayaan walked in to give the customary interview after lifting the Voice of the Nation Trophy. Akshat cheered the loudest from the crowd. Ayaan's one year's struggles had finally paid off in the end. He had put his heart and soul into music. He deserved the trophy.

The host escorted him to the couch that had been waiting for him the whole evening. The studio resonated with claps. The Goinka Family was seated in the front row. Their faces were filled with happiness. The proud parents were beaming with joy. Two sons had lifted the VoN trophy in a span of a decade. No other family had the same privilege.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, let me present you our very beloved VoN, Ayaan Goinka." The host, a lady in her mid-thirties dressed in a sleek black dress that complemented her slender physique, rose to her feet and clapped in celebration. Confetti showered on Ayaan on cue. A showman walked in with a boutique of flowers and handed it to the host. She took it from him gracefully and offered it to Ayaan, who was dusting off confetti from his hair. He took the bouquet from her politely and resumed his seat.

"So how does it feel, Mr. Goinka?" She asked with a smile. "You are the youngest Voice of the Nation on record. You have created history, or should I say you recreated it. Seven years back, Abeer Goinka lifted the very same trophy, creating the same record, which now you have broken. He was 21 then. So how does it feel to have outperformed your own elder brother?"

"A student can never outperform his teacher, ma'am," Ayaan told her politely. "If I lifted the trophy today, it is because of Bhaiyu. He taught me everything that I needed to learn. Without his encouragement, I would not have been here. I owe my success to my Bhaiyu. There is no question of outperforming him. Abeer Goinka is a legend. I would like to follow in his footsteps, not erase them."

Simran held her husband's hand gently. She knew he was touched. Abeer had put his heart and soul into the boy, and in the end, it had all been worth it. What made it beautiful was that the boy did not forget to acknowledge.

"That's my brother," Abeer whispered, his voice filled with pride.

"Tumhara hi bacha hai," Simran smiled. "He will make you proud, Abeer."

"He already has, Simmi, much more than I had imagined."

"You are very modest, Mr. Goinka," the host smiled. "You said you owe everything to your Bhaiyu. But you did not dedicate the trophy to Abeer Goinka, did you?"

"I dedicated the award to the one person who has been my rock since the day I was born. The one person who can understand me better than I can myself. My Bhaiya. Agar Bhaiyu ke bina mujhe yeh kameyabi nahi milti, to Bhaiya ke bina main yaha tak nahi ata. I took part in the competition because of him. My win, my success everything belongs to him."

Ayaan looked at Adarsh, his eyes shining with love. Adarsh smiled back, blinking off tears. The twins' love never ceased to overwhelm him. Ashi, who was seated on his lap, blew Ayaan a flying kiss. Even when he was seated in front of cameras, Ayaan caught it and blew it right back. The crowd almost swooned.