She's The One: Chapter 17

After the gun goes off all Ember could hear was a ringing in her ear and a gun drop to the ground, when she look's behind her she saw Mila drop to her knees while crying, when she tried to rush over but Xavier grab's her by the leg but his grip loosens and let's her go "Mila..are you ok" Ember ask's her when she see's the gun next to her and Xavier on the ground. "Not the first time i shot one of them...im fine" Mila replies with a evil look on her face as blood is running from the corner of her mouth. "What do you mean by...not the first time you shot one of them" Zane ask's, "while i was held here i tried to escape but they caught me at the front gates..i managed to grab a gun without them noticing and the second time i tried to escape i shot one of them..Xavier caught me this time and he..you know what he did" Mila say's with a deadly look in her eyes. "well your safe now, you don't have to be scared anymore" Zane say's with a conformting look but Mila respond's with a surprising response "No..im not safe Zane and i'll never be safe again unless i get rid of Toby, we got lucky tonight with killing Xavier but Elijah and Toby are still out there somewhere and until their dead..i can't come back until i kill them myself to make sure they get what they deserve" Mila replies while beginning to walk away, "Mila wait! you don't even have training!? let me come with you and help" Ember say's, "you don't need training to shoot a gun at someone and i can't let you come with me..im not letting anyone else get killed or hurt for me it's time i do this on my own" Mila replies as she gives Ember one last kiss on the check before hopping in one of the van's and driving away without looking back. "You know she's not gonna last long right?" Rose say's to Zane, "I know..that's why im sending you..and Ember to follow her, wherever she goes you go and you don't stop following her unless it's necessary" Zane replies.

Months later

"Still got eyes on her?" Rose asks Ember "no, its like she vanished..maybe shes gotten training? it would make sense since every corner we turn shes gone" Ember replies just before getting dragged into an alley and put up against a wall by a women in a mask, "let me go! do you know who i am! im Ember santini i can have you killed in seconds!" Ember say's and then the women back's up, "Ember!? what are you doing here i said i need to do this alone" Mila replies as a man wearing a police badge and a mask enter's the alley, "this one's clear she doesn't have anything on her" Mila say's, "other one is clear to, lets keep moving we might be able to catch those scorpion's if we get lucky" the man say's as he walk's away, "YOUR IN WITH THE POLICE DOWN HERE?" Ember scream's in a whisper, "Ill tell you everything when im able to..meet me at this address at exactly eleven" Mila responds as she runs off in the same direction as the man.

(word count 574)