Chapter 3: Did I Get Stronger?

After dispatching of another pack of Steel Fang Raiken Wolves in the dungeon, Kagari was now looking at his current status.

Kagari: Phew...

System: Title: [Wolf Slayer] A title given to a Hunter proficient in fights against wolves. 40% increased experience against Beast-Type Monsters.

Kagari: Looks like that's the last of them, for now at least. Damn, my blade's getting dull, it won't last much longer.

As he search his inventory, he pulled out a magic stone known as the Hearthstone. A stone capable of returning him home.

Kagari's Thoughts: (Should I leave...?)

He gripped the stone tightly before putting in back in his pocket.

Kagari's Thoughts: (No. There's no way of another chance to become stronger this easily.)

Kagari: Would the whole dungeon dissappear if I used the Hearthstone...? I would be the case if the System made this as a limited even.

Kagari: In the end, I just feel like I'm being used by something...or someone. Do I advance or retreat?

Kagari decided to advance and placed the Hearthstone back in his inventory before going further.

(Timeskip)

Deciding to remain in the dungeon until he defeated the Boss, Kagari went back to fighting and killing all of the monsters that were sent his way.

As he continued to level up and grow stronger, his many battles with all of these monsters began to feel much, much easier than it did before.

While fighting, Kagari discovered that the monsters he was fighting against were not normal as they kept respawning as if he was in a game.

After learning the patterns of how the monster spawned, he also learned how to determine their strength.

Monsters with White Names were the weakest, Monsters with Orange Names were strong, and Monsters with Red Names were the strongest.

He could sense a very strong presence coming from farther down within the dungeon.

Kagari: This presence...it's giving me goosebumps...

Kagari: I don't know how...but I can sense how strong the monster is down there...

Wanting to see it for himself, Kagari walked down stairs and descended further into the lower levels.

(Timeskip)

As he reached the end of the stairs, he saw that the bottom of the dungeon was a wet, swamp like area.

Suddenly, he saw something move in the water at incredible speeds right in his direction.

Kagari: Fast!

Then a tail came out of nowhere and Kagari blocked the attack with his sword, but was sent flying into a wall.

As he got back up, he saw that his sword was now broken.

Kagari: My sword...?!

Out of the smoke, the monster revealed itself to Kagari.

Kagari: I thought I leveled up quite a bit...but you're name is still orange.

Kagari: So, you must be the boss of this place, huh?

The monster standing before him was a giant blue serpent with thick scales and glowing orange eyes looking down on him.