Chapter 29: The Secret Mission

Later that night, Kagari dropped off Yui and Malakai at his Aunt's house so they could spend the night there. Now, he was driving back to the Church at the top of Kuoh Hill.

Streets

In the streets, Kagari was walking with Issei, Koneko, Kiba, and Saji in priest disguises. Since no one could see it, Kagari decided check the panel on his current stats.

Kagari Sanashi: LV. 80
Job: Shadow Lord
Title: Beast Killer
HP: 82,835
Fatigue: 0
MP: 7,982
Strength: 198
Agility: 182
Sense: 149
Vitality: 135
Intelligence: 112

Kagari's Thoughts: Good, my stats are where they need to be. But, I'll be approaching level 100 soon...

Koneko: Kagari, is everything okay?

Kagari: Hmm? Yes, I'm fine. I was just lost in thoughts. But now, where should we go?

Kiba: Probably a place without people.

Kagari: Oh, do you have something in mind, Kiba?

Kiba: Yeah, I think so.

(Timeskip)

Kiba lead them to an area that was familiar to everyone except for Kagari.

Issei: This place?

Kagari: Wait, you guys have been here before?

Issei: Yeah, it's where we defeated a Stray Devil named Viser.

Kagari's Thoughts: Guess that must've happened before I joined the O.R.C.

Saji: You guys fought a Stray Devil?

Just then, Kagari senses began to detect a presence of Holy Magic above them.

Kagari: Guys, we've got company.

They all looked up to see two people standing on the roof.

One of them was Freed, who jumped down and clashed swords with Kiba.

Freed: Hahaha! I forgot to thank you earlier!

Kiba: For what?

Saji: Is that the Stray Priest?

Issei: You psychotic bastard!

Freed: Oh hi! If it isn't the little midget and friends!

Koneko glared at Freed.

Freed: Ha! Ha! Whoops, I mean "Little Lady." Forgive me, you know i was really looking forward to some good 'ol priest hunting tonight, but all I found was a bunch of devils and a Devil Lover in costumes. What do you think about that, eh buddy?

???: Tch, I'm not your buddy, Freed...

Just then, the second person on the roof jumped down into the fight.