Chapter 21: Evening The Playing Field

Kagari: KONEKO!!!

???: Haha.

Issei: Damn you, whoever you are!!

Using his <<Sprint>> Skill, Kagari ran at superhuman speeds and grabbed Koneko before she fell down to the ground as Issei ran to try and help her as well.

Kagari: Koneko! Come on, speak to me!

Koneko: I'm sorry...

Koneko: I just wanted

Koneko: I just wanted....I just wanted to serve Rias well...

Kagari: Don't apologize, you did great. Just hold on, okay?

Issei: It's alright. We'll get you to Asia, and she'll heal you up in no time.

Suddenly, Koneko was engulfed in a blue light as she screamed in pain.

Kagari: No, Koneko! Don't go!

Issei: Stay with us!

Then, she disappeared in Kagari's arms and he clenched his fists in anger.

Grayfia: One of Lady Rias's Rooks. Retired.

Kagari punched the ground with his fist.

Kagari: Damn it, that fucking bitch!!

Issei: You killed Koneko!! Get down here and see how you do against me!!

Rias: Calm down, both of you. When someone can no longer fight, they're transferred to a more appropriate location, where they're treated for their injures. Koneko is not dead. You two need to focus.

Issei: But Rias!!

???: It's time to give up the fight, little boys. No matter how hard you struggle, you won't win. You can't win!

Kagari: Then come down here and prove it, bitch!

Kagari was about to run up there and strike Riser's Queen out of the air, but then Akeno appeared in front of them.

Akeno: Well this is exciting.

Kagari: Akeno...

Akeno: Kagari, Issei...