3. System

The holographic, transparent grey system window that appeared in front of me confirmed more than half of the suspicions I had.

'Just as I thought, I'm now possessing this boy's body. And this world is really the game's world. Now the main question is: What happened to the original Axel? The last memory I have of him is when he went to sleep last night. Well, it's useless to dwell on this right now with only limited information. Rest in peace, Axel Fawn. I promise to make good use of your body.'

It may sound selfish and arrogant, but that's just who I am. Always walk forward and think ahead; that's how I always live. Now let me analyze this system in more detail.

————————————————————
Job: Assassin
—> High proficiency with short swords and daggers. Boost the learning speed of all stealth and movement-related skills. Increased all critical damage by 50%.
————————————————————

'My job is assassin, the perfect job to get rid of the protagonist as early as possible. But it's not a game anymore, and killing someone in real life will prove much more difficult, both physically and mentally. But do I really need to kill the protagonist? I remember the last message I saw; try to archive another unexpected ending. What unexpected ending can I archive as an assassin?'

I pondered every possibility and path that could exist. After a few seconds, only one solution came to mind.

'Become a protagonist without stealing the spotlight from the original protagonist.'

A world where two people will be viewed as equal by the majority. I don't have any idea how this will be possible, but life won't be boring anymore. And achieving the impossible is what I'm best at. Now that I have set my goal, let's see the abilities of this body.

————————————————————

Strength : G+ Potential : D-
—> This ability measures an individual's physical prowess. It determines how much force you can easily exert while engaging in any type of physical task.

Stamina : G+ Potential : D+
—> This ability measures an individual's health and energy. It determines how well you can withstand fatigue and endure harsh conditions over extended periods.

Agility : F Potential : C+
—> This ability measures an individual's speed and coordination. It determines how fast you can move in various situations while maintaining a perfect balance.

Perception : E Potential : D+
—> This ability measures an individual's intuition and insight. It determines how far and the true nature of something lurking in the shadows or a strange presence around you.

Magic : F Potential : D
—> This ability measures an individual's magical prowess and control over mana. It determines how fast you can cast spells and how powerful each spell will be.

Intelligence: S Potential : S+
—> This ability measures an individual's knowledge and problem-solving skills. It determines the capacity to learn, reason, pay attention to details, analyze information, and make decisions.

————————————————————

'Everything is the same from Axel's original memory, so me possessing his body didn't change anything. Except for my intelligence, I'm basically just a random extra. The average potential of an academy student's ability is C+, but most of my physical abilities maximum potential is around D. Agility is a bit higher because of my assassin job, but if my intelligence is so high, shouldn't I be a scholar or alchemist instead? Don't people who get transmigrated normally have cheating abilities? Well, it doesn't matter anymore. I just need to work with what I have.'

The most important task to complete first is to increase the maximum potential of a few of my abilities. Most of the protagonist's abilities' maximum potential is S+, except for his perception and intelligence. If I want to be on the same level as him, I will have to work as hard as him. The only advantage I have over him is knowledge of the locations of special cheat items and skills. There's an item that the protagonist should acquire during the second week of classes that will boost his already broken abilities. It's the first item to steal for any player who wants to have a smooth progression.

Unfortunately, with my current abilities, it will be difficult to steal it from the protagonist during class. So I have to find a way to get it before the second week of class. Today is Sunday, one week before the first class. Tomorrow is the academy entrance exams, so let's prepare something special during the exams that will help me acquire it as soon as possible.