16. Meeting the Main Characters

"Hi, I'm Alex Fawn, your neighbour."

A short, white-haired boy wearing a pair of round glasses greeted me. He had a warm smile, and he extended his hand for a handshake. I took his hand and greeted him back, then I immediately used my skill [Analysis] on him.

"Hi, I'm Lucas Astram."

————————————————————
Name : Alex Fawn

Age : 16

Race : Human

Job : ####

Strength : F

Stamina : F+

Agility : E+

Perception : D+

Magic : E

Intelligence : S+

Skill

Active : (F), (E), (E), (E), (E), (E), (D), (D)

Passive : (D), (A)
————————————————————

I was a little surprised, but I didn't let it show on my face. It was the first time I couldn't see the job of someone. But judging by his abilities, he should be either an archer or an assassin. All his abilities were lower than mine, except for his intelligence, which was already S+.

'No wonder he got a perfect score in his written exam.'

He also had a lot of skills, which made me curious. 'I'm stronger than him, but I still need to be cautious.'

"Why are you looking at me like that while holding my hand? I'm sorry, but I'm not into guys." That was when I realized that I was still holding his hand. I instantly let go and felt embarrassed.

"Sorry, I was just curious about the top student in the written exams."

"It's fine. I'm also curious about the top student in the physical exam. I'm proud of my intelligence, but I'm really lacking in terms of strength. Since we are neighbours, let's help each other."

"What do you mean?"

"I can help you with any school stuff you don't understand, and in exchange, you help me in my training."

When he mentioned the word training, I immediately smiled. It's becoming difficult to train alone nowadays, so having a training partner to spar with will also help me acquire more experience.

"Of course, you can count on me for training, but I need to warn you: my training method is really hard."

"The harder it is, the better." He said, and I noticed his smile wasn't even fazed by my warning.

"Shall we go to classes together?"

"Sure."

***

Inside the elevator, Lucas kept explaining to me what sort of training he does and what we should do first. I noticed that he was talking as if he already knew my abilities. I already knew that he used his unique cheating skills on me. A skill that lets you see part of the status of someone else. Fortunately for me, it doesn't show the ability's potential or the details of a skill someone has. I didn't know if he was able to see my unique job, but by the way he was being friendly, he didn't give it much thought.

Lucas was someone who was always cautious of his surroundings. After his father was betrayed and killed, it became hard for him to trust someone. Until he awakens and receives a special, unique skill. He still has some trust issues, but now he knows who is stronger and who is weaker than him. That's why he is obsessed with training and becoming stronger. With his skills, he learned that the person who betrayed and killed his father was someone far stronger than him. Before he could even think of revenge, he decided to be stronger first.

That's why I proposed to train together. It will help me gain his trust and also improve my own strength. Two birds with one stone, like they said. After we left the first-year dormitory building, I heard a cute voice behind me. "Hey, Alex, wait."

Lucas stopped talking, and we both looked behind us. A cute girl, the same height as me, was running toward us. She was also wearing the first-year uniform, and her shirt was plain white. Her long orange hair was freely moving in all directions.

"I have called you since you left the elevator. Didn't you hear me? Or were you ignoring me?" I could see the sadness in her eyes, as if she were just betrayed by someone close.

"Good morning, Melina. I'm sorry I didn't hear you. This guy kept talking so much; maybe thats why." I pointed to Lucas with a smirk on my face. Lucas was astonished by my accusations, but when he saw my smirk, he just facepalmed.

"Hi Lucas, nice to see you again, and thank you for last time." Melina greeted Lucas, which shocked me because they shouldn't know each other yet.

"You guys know each other." Before Melina could answer my question, Lucas spoke.

"We met during the start of the physical exam, and I teamed up with her against a group of candidates. Then we got separated." I now understood how Melina was able to increase her rank. And Lucas wouldn't have any problem teaming up with her after seeing in her status that she was a priest.

"I didn't know you also knew Alex." Melina asked Lucas.

"We just met a few minutes ago. But how do you know him? He didn't even participate in the physical exam."

This time, I answered. "We had lunch together before the exam." I could see a little blush on her face when I said that, and she was also avoiding eye contact with me. Lucas was surprised by my mysterious answer, but before he could argue, I interrupted him while walking away. "We should move, or we may be late for our first class." Both of them immediately followed me. We then continued our small talk until we reached our classroom.

"Wow, it's so big."

I watched both children be amazed by the size of our classroom. Every classroom in the first year was the same size. From the 1000th to the 501st ranks, students were randomly divided into 100 per classroom. From the 500th to the 51st ranks, they were randomly divided into 50 per classroom. The 50th to 21st rank were together, and the 20th to 1st were in my classroom.

Our classroom, which could hold 100 students, was going to be shared by only 20 students. Twenty tables and chairs were placed in front of the board, and a large space was left at the back.

There were already seven students inside, but they haven't taken a seat yet. Leaving the two children, who were still admiring the classroom, I went to sit in the last row and last column seat. Typical seat for the most problematic student in every classroom in my previous world. Then Lucas and Melina followed me.

"Why are you sitting so far from the board?" Melina asked me.

"Because it's the perfect place to sleep. The classes will be boring for me since I already know everything."

"Show off." Melina rolled her eyes and sat in front of me.

Compared to Melina, Lucas found my answer interesting. At least part of it.

"Really, the teacher won't see us if we sleep here." He was excited and took his seat next to me.

The three of us then continued talking about various topics while waiting for class to start. I kept my eyes on the front door, waiting to see the other main characters. Soon, a red-haired girl with bright red eyes walked in, and after looking in my direction, she started approaching me. 'Wait, why is she coming here?' I was totally confused until she stopped next to Melina.

"Hey, Melina, how have you been?"

"Anastasia, give me your contact number before I forget. I wanted to wait for you near the elevator, but I didn't know if you had already left." Melina hurriedly forced Anastasia to share her contact number, then presented her to us.

"She is a friend I met when I was moving into my room, Anastasia Storm."

"Hi Anastasia, I'm Lucas Astram." I could see Lucas's confused face after greeting her. I was certain that he became confused after looking at her status.

"I'm Alex Fown." Anastasia was shocked to hear our name.

"Melina, how do you know them?"

"Oh, we met before and during the physical exam." Melina could understand why her friend was shocked. Having the top students of the first year greet her would normally shock everyone.

Anastasia then took her seat next to Melina, and Lucas started asking her a bunch of random questions.

Then three students entered the classroom at the same time, and the whole room went completely silent. Everyone kept their eyes on them. They were the three most popular students in the first year. Not because of their rank but because of their status.

The first one was a young girl with long blue hair. Her eyes were blue with a hint of green. She had a mischievous face, but the most noticeable thing about her was her cute cat ears on her head. She was Freya Destdemona, the daughter of the Beast King, Worgan Destdemona.

In the middle was a dark-skinned boy. He had blonde hair and black eyes. You could see his pride in his eyes, and he was looking at everyone as if they were below him. He was Silas Avongus, the second prince of the human kingdom.

Lastly, a tall elf girl with short black hair and beautiful, bright green eyes. Her beauty was the exact definition of a goddess. She was Nxy Exla, the only heir of the elf race.

The three royals took their seats in front of the class, and everyone in the room kept staring at them silently. Until an elf woman suddenly materialized in front of the board, which surprised everyone.

"Good morning, everyone. I'm Ella Grace. Your homeroom instructor for this semester."
She then looked directly at me with a smile on her face.

'What the hell? Why is she the homeroom teacher?'

I was internally screaming because of this change in the plot. The actual homeroom teacher of this class was changed to someone who would give me a lot of trouble in the future.