Chapter 2 - The Accident

Bodhi's POV

Damon is standing with me on the dock where i'm putting on ski's. "Are you sure you want to do this?" My best friend asks.

"Yes," I look around the lake and see lot's of people enjoying the sun with their family and friends. "You know I've wanted to do this for years. I never had the courage until now."

He takes one last look around the lake before saying. "Be careful. I just have a bad feeling something is going to happen."

Patting his shoulder. "It's fine, Damon. Nothing will happen to me. I'm here to enjoy myself after all the work I've accomplished."

"Have you spoken to Brielle while you've been here?"

Why does he have to bring up my wife now?

"No," I shake my head. "I don't want to talk about her either. You know I settled for her because the woman I wanted didn't want me back."

"You're an asshole, Bodhi." He puts space between us before adding. "Sometimes, I don't know why we are friends. Other times you show me the person you were before your heart was played by a wretched woman like Cynthia."

"I'm ready." I call out to the driver and she starts the boat. "I'll see you soon, Dam."

The boat starts to move and I start skiing. She takes me slowly through the water as we pass people. Once we're further out the boat starts to go quicker.

I jump over some of the waves and do tricks that I've seen on Youtube.

Being out on the water is exhilarating and it makes me smile as we continue through the water. I hear people laughing in their boats.

There's people in the water lying on floats and some are swimming and splashing around. Also, a few have snorkels on and are looking around in the lake.

The boat keeps going picking up speed as we continue along the way. My grip tightens on the rope and I do a jump and land smoothly on the other side.

A smile spreads across my face as I continue to enjoy this once in a life time experience.

I wish Damon was here to see it.

Then the driver makes a tight turn and then all of a sudden I'm thrown into something hard.

As I look around my surroundings I see a boat next to me and my breath catches. Then I feel pain throughout my body. I try to keep myself above the water, but it's not working. "Help," I yell.

This isn't the way i'm supposed to die.

***

Beep, beep, beep.

I hear as my eyes begin to open and then close due to the light shining into them.

"Hang on, Bodhi. I'll turn the lights off."

Once the lights are off I open them agin. As my eyes adjust to the room I see a familiar blonde, blue eyed woman staring at me. "I'm glad you're awake."

"What are you doing here, Cynthia." I growl.

She steps back a little frightened of me and then a smile spreads across her face. "I was the one that saved your life, Bodhi. You should be thanking me."

"Thank you, Cynthia. I owe you."

"Yes, you do." She has a smug look on her face. "I know what I want."

The door to the room opens and Damon walk into the room. He gives Cynthia a sneer. "What the fuck are you doing here, Cynthia. I told you never to get in touch with him."

She steps towards Damon without taking her eyes off him. "I saved his life after he crashed into my boat. If it wasn't for me you'd be fishing him out of the bottom of that lake. How would you like that?"

"What do you want, Cynthia?"

She claps her hands. "I'm glad you asked that Damon." Her face lights up making her look evil. "I'm taking back what should have been mine three years ago. I will be your wife."

"I'm married." I quickly blurt out. "You can't take the spot of another woman."

She steps closer to me. "You will do as I say, Bodhi. After all you owe me for saving your life."

"You're a snake, Cynthia. How do we know it wasn't you that caused this accident so you could hurt, Bodhi? Then save his life."

She shakes her head. "You'll never know, Damon. Besides, there were no phones out while we were on the water. Good luck with trying to find out the truth." Moving over to the bed she sits next to me. "You will draw up divorce papers and get them signed."

After that she leans against my chest and kisses my lips. Letting her slip her tongue into my mouth I wait for her to pull away. "Bring me my phone. I'll make a call to my lawyer and start the process."

She jumps off the bed and starts dancing. "He's getting divorced. He's getting divorced. He's getting divorced."

Damon gives me the phone. "Bodhi, this is the dumbest thing you've ever done. How could you let this wretched woman dominate your life?" He moves towards the door. "I'm done. I can't watch this shit show that's going to unfold. Also, I will be pulling my money out of the company." He slams the door as he walks away from me.

Fuck,

My best friend turned his back on me all because of this woman who will turn my life upside down. I owe her, but do I owe her the rest of my life?

Cynthia looks at the door with a frown on her face. "What's his problem?"

Looking at her. "The problem is you, Cynthia. You're claiming things that don't belong to you. Yet, if I don't do it you will ruin my life. Make the stocks in my company fall. You will turn my company into a laughing stock."

"You loved me once," she whispers. "You can do it again."

I ignore her before going through my phone to find the number for my lawyer.

It doesn't take long before he answers the call.

Mike: Hey, this Mike.

Me: Mike, it's Bodhi.

Mike: What do you need?

Me: I would like the divorce papers drawn up and sent to my email. Asap.

Mike: Are you sure about this?

Me: Yes,

Mike: Do you want to tell me what's brought on the sudden divorce from you're wife. From what I've seen she's the perfect match for you.

Me: I'm in love with someone else.

Mike: I'll have those papers in your inbox in an hour.

Me: Thanks,

Mike doesn't say anything and then I hear the dial tone.

Damn it. Another person that's not happy with how this thing is unfolding.

Cynthia pulls a chair close to my bed and sits on it. She grabs my hand. "I want to start a family with you once we get back to New York."

That's not going to happen. I refuse for this wretched woman to bare any of my kids.

I used to love Cynthia, but with time my heart healed and it realised that she wasn't the woman it wanted. I'm not even sure if I know who it wants.