Chapter 23 - Damn it, Cynthia

Cynthia's POV

Bzzz. Bzzz, bzzz.

What's that?

Bzzz, bzzz, bzzz,

Fuck,

Bzzz, bzzz, bzzz,

My head hurts.

Bzzz, bzzz, bzzz,

Where the hell am I?

Bzzz, bzzz, bzzz.

Touching my pocket I feel my phone vibrating in it. I pull it out and answer the phone.

Me: Hello,

Tyke: Where are you, Cynthia?

Me: In the City.

Tyke: What have you been doing there?

Stalking you're sister. She found out I was following her and she knocked me out for... I look at the phone.

Fuck,

I was out for three hours.

No wonder I'm cold and wet.

Tyke: Damn it, Cynthia. Answer my question.

Me: I was following up on a lead.

Tyke: Does the lead have anything to do with my sister?

Me: That's not your concern.

Bang, a loud clap of thunder is above my head. The sizzling of electricity is next followed by lightning. It strikes the building close to me and I jump at the sound.

Tyke: What was that, Cynthia.

Me: Lightning, I think the world has it out for me.

Tyke: Get indoors and I'll come and get you.

Me: Okay, I'll call you once I get somewhere safe.

Tyke: Be safe. I love you.

How can you love someone you hardly know? I'm using you to get closer to my end game.

Me: okay,

Hanging up the phone I make my way to the Morelli building. I have a few guys inside this building. They will let me in without causing a fuss. I run to the building and knock on the window.

One of the security guards, looks up from the desk before he stands up and comes to the door. He opens the door and says. "How can I help you?"

"I need some place to stay while the storm passes overhead."

He shakes his head. "I can't let you stay here. This place is for the residents only. Can you please leave. If you won't, I will have to call the authorities."

Wringing my clothes out. "I'm cold. I'm wet. I have nowhere to go right now. Please, help me out."

"I'm sorry. Please leave."

Grabbing onto his arm I say. "I know the family that owns this building. I can give him a call and he'll tell you to let me stay here until the storm passes."

"Call your friend. Until he tells me that it's okay for you to stay here. You will stay outside. I take my job seriously, and that means protecting everyone that lives in this building."