Chapter 21 - The Apology

Brielle's POV

After forcing Serena's hand, she has decided that she will do the interview in front of the media that is downstairs waiting for us. She picks up a folder from on the table and follows me to the elevator. Pressing the button. We wait for it to come to the top floor. Once it reaches the top floor, we enter.

It doesn't take long for us to reach the bottom as soon as the doors open we had to wards the waiting media. There's media from most of the networks around New York City. Serena takes a look outside before freezing. She looks over at me and says. "I can't do this."

The doors open, and I lead the way out, and I wait for Serena to join me. Her hands begin to shake and she starts to turn around.

Before she can run to the office she's stopped by Damon. He looks her up and down before giving her a sneer. "Get out there and apologise. You've ruined this company and you're trying to let Brielle take the blame for it. I'm not gonna let some bitch like you get away with it. Now grow a pair and do what's right." he demands.

I walk towards the podium and stand in front of everyone. Clearing my throat, I look into the crowd and say. "I'm Brielle Hilton the CEO of Bri jewelry. It has come to my knowledge that my temporary CEO Serena, has brought cheap chains and has sold them at the retail price. For those that have been sucked into this mess I will tell you to come to one of the stores for either a refund or you will get a new set that is worth more than you bought from us? However, you will need to provide a receipt to get a refund or the set. Also, it depends what store you went to, to purchase the products. I'll hand the reigns over to Serena, where she will make a public apology." Stepping aside, I let Serena walk over to the podium.

Her hands tighten on the folder that she's holding. She looks at everyone before saying. "I would like to apologise to everyone that has been affected by this. I have made a lot of bad decisions. The first one is opening three more stores that the CEO didn't know about. The second one is that I bought cheap chains and sold it at it's a normal price. The third one is that I have been embezzling from the company as well."

I wasn't expecting her to admit to the last part.

The media goes into a frenzy and that's when things turn to shit. One of the reporters looks at Serena and says. don't you have shame for what you've done. A lot of hard-working people save money to purchase these gifts for loved ones. You had no right to do what you did and buy cheaper material and keep the money for yourself.

Serena's face pales as the police make their way towards her. She looks at me trying to get help. "Please help me, Brielle. I don't deserve to be thrown in jail."

Yes, you deserve to be in jail you stole from me, you stole from our customers.

The officer reads her the Miranda rights, before taking her away in handcuffs.

Darcy is looking out the window. She's about to walk away before a cop stops her. "I didn't do anything. You can't do this. I have rights you know."

Rights you don't deserve to use after what you've done.

The Officer reads her the Miranda rights before she is also taken away in handcuffs and placed in the back of the police vehicle.

Walking back to the podium I look at everyone and say. "I will clean up all this mess. It's gonna take a while before Bri jewellery is back up and running. I hope you can all forgive me for the mess that has been created. I know sorry won't fix everything, but know this apology is coming from the bottom of my heart." I turn around from the media and head back into the building.

The doors close behind me and Damon walks over. He pulls me into his arms and hugs me. You did good out there. Everyone is gonna be proud of you. You have a lot of work to do here. You'll have to check everyone and make sure they are qualified to work for you. If you'd like I could work for you for sometime."

Shaking my head I look at Damon and say. "I can't ask you to do that Damon. I have to do this myself. I got myself into this mess. I need to get myself out of it."

He looks me in the eye with a serious expression. "You don't always have to do everything on your own. There's plenty of people who care for you. Yet, you keep pushing us all away."

"It's better for me to do it alone. At least that way I know things are getting done properly. Can you take care of the stores for me and bring back the products. I will dispose of them as soon as they get back here."

I leave Damon standing in the foyer before I head over elevator and wait for it to reach the bottom floor. When it does, I take it to the top floor. Where I'm greeted by Jessica.

She gets out of her chair and runs over to me. "I saw everything on the TV and I can't believe Serena would do something like that. Who is that other guy that got arrested?"

"That was Darcy, supposably. She's the mastermind behind everything that happened. I don't believe that she is. I think she was coerced into it by Serena. I'm not sure if I'll ever know the true reason behind everything that has happened." I move over to a chair and sit. I feel completely defeated.

Jessica places a hand on my shoulder. "You'll get through this, Brielle. If you need anything, you know you can call me."

A smile spreads across my face. "Thanks, Jessica. It means a lot that you drop things to help me out."

"It's my job to stop and help you, Brielle. I've always considered you my daughter, and that won't change. Even though things between you and my son are over, it doesn't mean that I won't be there when you need me. Don't forget I know everything and when it comes to family, I'm the one that you need by your side right now."

Standing up, I start to head to wards the office. "I have a few things I need to do now. Can you continue looking at the books and let me know how bad everything is?"

"Sure, I can do that for you, Brielle. It's gonna take some time for me to go through everything. The book is in complete chaos. I'm not sure if an accountant would be able to go through all of the shit without getting lost in the numbers."

"Do what you can. I trust you." I don't say those words to lightly.