Chapter 17 - Meeting The New Face of Morelli

Bodhi's POV

Wheeling into the boardroom I stop at the head of table and wait for the rest of the board to come into the room.

Damon walks into the room and takes his seat next to me. "Hey, Bodhi. How are you?"

"I'm good. It feels good to be out of the house. Mom has been hovering too much and making sure that I take my tablets on time."

The other board members walk into the room. "Good, morning. Mr Morelli."

Susan looks takes her seat before asking. "Do you know why Bri Jewellery is closed? I was hoping to get my Granddaughter something from there."

Damon shakes his head. "The CEO of the company closed the doors because she found out that the temporary CEO used cheap material on the products and was embezzling from the company. She'll make sure that the new stock will be made with quality material." He lowers his voice to Susan. "Ask her if she can make a one of a kind set for her."

"Do you think she will make it? When are we going to meet her?"

"She will be walking into the room once we get the meeting started."

Susan nods. "Okay,"

I look around at everyone in the room. "Thanks for coming today. As you know we normally go over the sales and stuff, however I know you all called this meeting for me to meet the new face of Morelli."

I'm looking forward to seeing who they got for me. I just hope it's not a materialistic model who thinks the company should bend over back for her.

"Before we start." Susan says. "We have decided that there should be a male face for the company. Since, your men's line will be coming out next month."

I agree. It would be nice to have a male represent the company.

"Okay," a smile spreads across my face. "I think the male should have chemistry with the female. That way our clothing can attract more attention from both men and woman."

"I'm glad you said that, Bodhi." Damon says. "We've got the right person for that job."

"Who is it?" I lean forward.

"You," Cane says. "The female and you will make the perfect couple. Also, we know there's chemistry between the two of you."

I don't have any good chemistry with anyone.

Damon stands up and opens the door. "You can come in."

A woman steps into the office wearing a red dress. Her black hair is in a bun and ocean blue eyes look around the room.

"Brielle," my mouth drops open in shock. "You chose her to be the face of my company."

"Yes, Sir." Susan has a huge grin on her. "She perfect for the job."

"I don't want her here." I hit the table with my fist. "There's heaps of models out there and you had to the choose the one..." he cuts himself off.

"Used to be married to." Brielle finishes for me. She looks around the room. "Everyone in this room knows who I am to you, Bodhi. They begged me to take the job because you were creating problems for the business."

"What do you know about running a business? You're too busy showing off your body to gain money." I open my wallet and throw some bills at her. "Be good girl and pick it up."

"You're an asshole, Bodhi. I'd pick up the money for you, but I don't want to give you a free show." She flips me off before walking out the door.

"Bodhi," Damon says, with disbelief. "Who would you treat her like that?"

I shrug.

I don't have a reason for why I said that.

He stands up and looks into my eyes. "She knows enough about being a CEO. She's the one that owns Bri's Jewellery."

Damn it. I messed up with her.

The Board members walk out of the room and they aren't happy with the way that I dealt with, Brielle."

I wasn't expecting her to show up at my company. Now, I have to work closely with her once the men's line comes out.

"Damon?" He looks at me. "Can you bring Brielle back into the room. I need to talk to her."

"I hope you apologise, Bodhi. We can't have the face of Morelli have a bad start. You'll also be representing the brand so you need to change your mind set and get on board with working with your ex wife." Damon stands and walks out of the room.

It takes ten minutes for them to return to the boardroom and I'm starting to lose my patience.

My hands begin to form fists and I hit them slightly against the table. Turning my hand a bit red from the repetitive movement.

Brielle opens the door and looks at me. "I hope the moodiness doesn't have anything to do with your head injury."

What the hell is she talking about? I'm not moody.

"Brielle, I'm not moody. I wasn't expecting to see you here. Also, you will be working closely with me. The board have chosen me to be rhetorical male face of the company." I tell her.

Her mouth hangs open. "Have the board gone mad? Why would they put the two of us together? It didn't work the first time. What makes them think it will work the second."

Damon leans against the table. "It will work this time because the two of you have grown as individuals."

"Whatever," Brielle takes a seat and her head lands in her arms. "When do I start being the face of Morelli?"

"Next week." I tell her. "Can we get new jewellery from Bri's jewellery?"

She runs her hands through her black hair. "I don't know if I can do that, Bodhi. I have enough to sort out with that company. Thanks to my temporary CEO. I'm not sure if I can do this job."

Damon places his hands on my shoulders. "You can do it, Brielle. I've seen you multitask and not once have you disappointed.

I should be the one saying something like that to her.

"Brielle," I let out a small breath. "I'm sorry for the way I treated you not long ago. I hope you can forgive me."

"You're forgiven." She stands and makes her way towards me. Her lips brush my ear and she whispers. "You need to check this entire building for bugs. You've got a couple in this office. I won't be surprised if there more in your office and the rest of the building."

"Bugs?"

"Listening devices. We can't let her know that we found them."

"Who?" I ask curiously.

"Cynthia," she whispers. "she wants to know everything that you're up to, Bodhi. If you ask me this is stalker -ish behaviour and something that you shouldn't tolerate."