Chapter 6: Confusion (Gepard POV)

The dumb waiter comes in as soon as I can make myself utter the words. Sampo probably didn’t even hear what I said.
“So, u want to know more abt me huh?” Sampo mutters, grinning at me with a mischievous smile. My eyes widened. He..he heard me?
“Ahem, yeah.”
Sampo starts rambling on for the rest of dinner abt his life. He’s not the type I assumed him to be. When the time is necessary, he can be serious and make some ethical decisions. 

It’s about 10:00 when we’re done with dinner and Sampo is finished discussing. I see the waiter..taking our table away?!
“Whats going on??”
The waiter sighs and rolls his eyes like dealing with us is such a pain. The group of workers exit, with the annoyed waiter and a ecstatic man (perhaps the annoyed guys lover?) waving goodbye and closing the door gently.

“Sampo, what did u-“
Sampo puts a finger on my lips, signaling for me to shush. “Hehe. Wait patiently, mon amour.”
??????? What the flip is he doing. Hes acting as if hes in love with me or smth. But theres no way. Sure, we’ve known each other for years, but this mere evening is just to get to know each other, right? Sampo implied “en evening I wont forget,” which eludes me why he would phrase it in such a dramatic way. We’re just 2 men. Spending time together. That’s it. We’re..friends at least, according to now. Maybe I have a little crush, but it’ll go away soon enough-

“Take my hand, and our dance shall commense,” He said, his hair a little extra messy.
“It’s a very nice gesture, but I don’t even know how to dance.”
“Whats a better time to learn it then now?” Sampo replies, winking. Hes..flirting. I sigh, falling into his little plan.
“Well, can’t compete with that logic,” I said. Hesitantly, I let him take my hand and lead me.

“So, do we take it slow to start or”
Sampo pushes his body against mine, leading me toward every step he takes. My face turns super red, and I don’t have time to hide it. “You’re cute when ur embarrassed,” Sampo whispers in my ear. My ears turn red as well. HE NEEDS TO STOP BEING SO DAMN CHARMING BC I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY HES DOING IT SO SUDDENLY.

I push him off me, and the romantic music that was playing in the background stops abruptly. Sampos grin fades into confusion.
“Hey whyd we stop? We were getting to the good part,” Sampo complained.

“I want to know ur intentions on this evening. I’ve had a really good time so far, but the entire time it’s one mystery on to the next. Why is this so romantic and why are u treating it as if the 2 of us are on a date?”
Sampo goes quiet. There’s a moment of pure silence.