The Missing Demigod. Ch. 2

Percy and Annabeth are set on a quest to find a missing Demigod.

                               Chapter 2      Μέσα από τον Ωκεανό • Through The Ocean

                               Chapter 2
      Μέσα από τον Ωκεανό • Through The Ocean.

Annabeth and Percy walked together as they came across a lake that they visited often. "What should we call this lake?" Percy asked Annabeth has he broke the leaves off the stem. "Why should we name it?" Annabeth asked as she played in the water with her fingers. "I mean, this is the place where it's just us. And I see you're free to let your ADHD get to you." Percy said as he sat up with a smile. Annabeth chuckled softly. "Well, what should we name it?" She said with a soft smile. "I'm thinking.... 'The Lake of..." Percy paused to as he thought about the name. "Love." Annabeth whispered. "Yeah. I like that." Percy said with a smile. "Me too." Annabeth said quietly.

A few hours later, Chiron called Percy and Annabeth to a quest. "You will find a missing demigod: Gabe Carter. Son of Hermes. If you do not find him, we will have our confirmation that he did not make it. You will have as much time as you may need. We expect to see you here in less than a week. Agreed?" He said as he looked down at Percy and Annabeth. They nodded and went to their cabins to gather all they needed.

A while later, Annabeth walked to Percy to check on him. "Percy. You ready?" Annabeth asked him as she stood by her door. "Yeah." He said as he grabbed his bag. "Are you sure you have everything?" She asked to assure him. He checked through his bag. "Oh Gods." He said as he picked up his riptide pen. "Thank you, Wise girl." He said quietly. She chuckled and left.

As they started their journey, Annabeth wanted to run over Percy's greek language she had been teaching him. "Pós aistháneste gia aftó?" she asked him. "Niótho kalá." He replied. A smile approached Annabeth's face. "Kalá akoúgesai, Pérsi." She said with a grin. "Eínai exaitías sou, Ánampeth." He said with a smile. "It's weird saying your name like that." Percy said with a laugh. Annabeth chuckled and raised her eyebrows.

English:
As they started their journey, Annabeth wanted to run over Percy's greek language she had been teaching him. "How do you feel about it?" she asked him. "I feel good." He replied. A smile approached Annabeth's face. "You sound great, Percy." She said with a grin. "It's because of you, Annabeth." He said with a smile. "It's weird saying your name like that." Percy said with a laugh. Annabeth chuckled and raised her eyebrows.
—[============>

"You're a good learner, you know." Annabeth said lightly tapping his arm. "I really only listen to the ones I want to listen to." Percy said admittedly. "And that's why you're so stubborn." She said quietly. Percy chuckled and quickly looked at her. She looked at him and he looked away. Annabeth shook her head with a smile and looked away.

As they continued, something quickly pulled Annabeth underwater. "Annabeth!" Percy yelled as he jumped in the water. He tried his hardest to keep up with the creature but, soon was held back by something. He tried to control the water to let go of the painful grip but, he didn't have enough control. All he could think about was his friend. He soon saw her swimming his way. As she almost grabbed him, a creature jumped on her back. Her face showed a worried expression. But, she wasn't worried about her, but Percy. Somehow, her thoughts echoed through Percy's head. He could hear what she was thinking. 'Percy's okay. Now, I just have to save him and get myself out of here. Don't panic.' He could hear Annabeth think. How?

She quickly turned around to see a black ugly monster. It has snake like eyes, teeth like a tiger, and a skinny but muscular body. She quickly drew her sword and slashed its arm and swam to the surface to get air. Right before she hit the surface, the monster pierced its claws in her ankle, causing  Annabeth to yell. "Annabeth! Let me go!" Percy exclaimed as he tried to loosen the death grip from the creature. Annneth fought the monster and tried to make her way to the surface. "The Pride of Athena shall die!" The monster yelled.

She felt her lungs tightening, as her eyes began to burn from the salty deep marsh. Then, she quickly stabbed the monster in the chest with all of her energy. After she did, she tried to swim to the surface, but her lungs started to fill with water and she struggled to breathe. Percy struggled and gave his all to save his friend. She grunted a few times as she sank to the bottom. Then, Percy thought of a way to save her. He made the water spring in an upward direction, sending Annabeth above the water. The monster quickly released Percy and swam away. Percy swam to Annabeth and brung her to shore.

"Annabeth! Annabeth, wake up!" He yelled as she shook her to wake her up. "Annabeth!" He yelled as he began to cry. He got disappointed in himself for not thinking about that before. The water came up to Annabeth's mouth as Percy turned her over. She coughed and breathed heavily. Percy laid her back down and put his hands on her jawline and neck as he smiled. "Hey." He said softly with relief. "Thank you." She whispered. He nodded with a smile.

Annabeth got up and looked at her ankle. "You know we have a week. If you need to rest, you can." Percy said softly. "It's okay. I'm fine. We have find Gabe." She said as she began walking. Percy wrapped his arm around her side and pulled her other arm over his shoulder. "Just to loosen the weight." He said softly. Annabeth smiled with gratitude for his kindness and care for her. "Thanks." She said with a smile. Percy smiled and kept walking.

                                       2

2