The Protecters. Ch.1

Percy and Annabeth are sent on a quest to protect camp from cyclops.

When Percy went to the Lake of Love, there was Annabeth. She was laying on her stomach as she made patterns in the water. Percy quietly walked over to her and spoke before he reached her, for the sake of him not getting hurt from her reflexes. "Hi, Annabeth." He said quietly before sitting beside her. She didn't respond. "Annabeth?" He whispered softly. She still hadn't spoken. He lay down beside her and looked at her. She was crying.

He gently put his hand on her back as she looked up at him. He rubbed his hand on her back soothly as she put her head down again. "You wanna talk about it?" He whispered. There was a moment of silence. "I just... I don't want to loose you." She whispered quietly. "Hey. Remember what told me a while back? Focus on the now. I'm still here. And so are you. You don't have to worry. The same words play in my head everyday. Your words." He said softly. "So, sit up." He said as he pulled her up. "And remember, you don't have to worry." He said with a smile. She smiled softly and nodded. He wiped her eyes and held her wet hands.

Soon later, they were both playing in the water, having fun. Even though they had on their pajamas being: shorts and a shirt, they still had fun. Being a kid. "Belly flop!" Percy said as he fell into the water. Annabeth laughed as she followed his lead. When she got out of the water, Percy was floating on the top, with his head under. He shot up and said "I'm alive!" with a grin. Annabeth laughed softly at his joke. She splashed a wave of water as him.

He said "Hold your breath!" as he sent a huge wave. Annabeth took a deep breath as the wave hit. When she was under, Percy made a small dome of water above the surface as Annabeth swam to the top. "Woah." Annabeth said in awe. "Pretty cool, isn't it." He said with a smile. They both floated on top of the water and Annabeth was in awe. He splashed the water down. Annabeth chuckled as the water ran down her face. Percy grinned in love with her and her beauty.

They both floated on the top as they watched the sun rise over the lake. "Probably should get cleaned up soon." Annabeth said calmly. "Or should we?" Percy said as he stood on the shore and swam under the water. He grabbed Annabeth's waist and pulled her under. She put her hands up gesturing 'what was that for?'. Percy smiled. "I want to show you something." He said with a muffled voice. Annabeth put a thumbs up. "Get on my back." He said as he slowly turned around. Annabeth swam above water to get some air and went back under to get on his back.

Percy swam to a little reef as Annabeth held on to his shoulders, and her legs floated in the water. "See? It has a starfish." He said as he pointed to the starfish. Annabeth was in awe to see something so interesting. "Woooaaah." She said as the water bubbled. Percy laughed and went back to shore. "That was cool." Annabeth said with a smile. "Yeah. Now, we should go ahead and get cleaned up." He said as he stood up to get ready for the day. Annabeth stood up and Percy held her hand.

Soon after, they were practicing their fighting skills. Percy swung his sword as Annabeth ducked, grabbed his wrist, elbowed him from behind, pulled his arm and tripped him, sending him forward, took his sword, rolled him over and pointed the sword at his neck. "You were close." She said breathing heavily. "Yeah, right." He said breathlessly. She gave him his sword and helped him up. She put her hand on his cheek and smiled softly. "You'll get there." She whispered. Percy smiled and Annabeth tried to trip him as he moved his foot. He grabbed Annabeth's waist, tripped her and held her down. They chuckled as he pulled her up. "Nice one, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth said with a smile. Percy chuckled softly.

A few minutes later, she showed him the architect she was working on. Even though Percy didn't understand everything, he loved seeing how smart she is. Annabeth showed him a lot of different things about her that he had no idea about. He did the same. As they walked around, Chiron called Percy.

"I hope to see you to another quest." Chiron said looking down at Percy. "What it is?" Percy asked him. "Cyclops. Hoping to destroy camp half-blood. Can complete this task?" He asked Percy as he raised his eyebrow. "Yes. But, can I have a forever quest mate or something?" He asked him as he looked at Annabeth outside. "Are you sure?" Chiron asked him to assure he wouldn't regret his decision. "Yes. I trust Annabeth. More than anyone here. I think she's the perfect quest mate for me." Percy said as he looked back up at Chiron. "Then, it shall be done." Chiron said as he studied her. She was fighting with her siblings and winning against all of them.

A moment later, Chiron gathered all of camp, alongside Percy. "Camp. I have an announcement to make. Percy Jackson has chosen a forever quest mate." He said as he looked around. Everyone was in a bit of shock. "Why do they all look like that?" Percy whispered. "It means you have a new love." He said with a smile. Percy smiled nervously at Chiron and looked at Annabeth with a soft smile. Even though she wasn't looking at him, he realized he was about to start staring at her, so he put his head down.

"Annabeth Chase. Percy has chosen you. No matter what happens, you will be by his side. Do you accept?" He said as he looked at her and all of camp. Annabeth looked at Chiron and at Percy with a small smile. She looked down as she thought about it and nodded. "Yes." As she looked at Chiron. "Then, it is done." Chiron said as he walked away. A girl blew the horn as camp looked at Annabeth with a smile.

Annabeth walked over to Percy with a smile. "I don't know why he had to tell everyone." Percy said nervously. "So they all know." She said with a smile. "What made you say 'yes'? I mean, you could've said no." Percy said to her with a smile. "Because... I trust you... and you trust me. I'm pretty thrilled to be doing this with you." She said quietly. Percy grinned and remembered they actually had a quest. "We have to stop Cyclops from... Breaking into camp." He said with sigh. Annabeth nodded as she thought about Thalia. "Let's do it." She said with determination. Percy smirked. They packed up again to start a new adventure.

 They packed up again to start a new adventure

1