The Missing Demigod. Ch.6

Percy and Annabeth are set on a quest to find a missing Demigod.

Chapter 6
Χάθηκε και βρέθηκε • Lost and found

                               Chapter 6            Χάθηκε και βρέθηκε • Lost and found

Annabeth stayed in the infirmary for two days to fully heal. They set off on the quest again, but making it easier since, they have the map. They had been searching since the morning, in four difficult locations. The last place they could search was the last sign of Gabe.

Annabeth was walking as she started to get cold. Her eyes were watery and she put her hands in her pockets. "Hey, you want my blanket?" Percy asked her softly. "No, I'm fine." She said casually. "Okay. Hold on." Percy said as he stopped walking, and got out his blanket. A smile wiped across Annabeth's lips as he wrapped the blanket on her. "Thanks." She said  softly. He nodded and they continued walking as he held her shoulder.

After a moment of peace, they both got knocked down by something. "Oh!" They exclaimed as they hit the floor. Annabeth quickly got up in fight mode as Percy followed her lead. "What was that?" Percy asked as he slowly turned around to face Annabeth. "I don't know." She said as she picked up his blanket, and kept it on her arm, unconsciously. Percy smiled as they continued walking.

Percy started to feel faint as he tripped over his own foot. "Percy!" Annabeth exclaimed as she caught him. "Are you okay?" She asked as he got up and kept her eyes on him. "I mean..." he said as he looked at her. "Besides the fact that a monster literally just push-" Annabeth cut him off "Perseus! Do you feel okay? Just answer the question!" She said as she got annoyed by his stubbornness and took his hands. He looked down and back up at her. "Y-yes. Yeah. I'm fine." He said hesitantly. "Okay." She said with a sigh as she dropped his hands.

They kept walking but, Annabeth had a feeling. "Percy." She said softly as she stopped walking. "Are you okay?" She asked him softly with a deeper concern. "I feel a bit... Light-headed." He said quietly. "Okay." She said as she put her hand on his forehead and looked into his eyes. "You might have Descheme. It's something some monsters carry around. Maybe when it hit us, it could've carried it to you." She said as she continued walking. "So... How do I get it... Out of me?" Percy asked. "Natural water." She said with a smile. "Oh. Right." Percy said with annoyance at the thought of him not thinking about that himself.

After Percy took a dip, Annabeth gave him his blanket. Percy brought out the map. "So the last place to check is... the 'Tufii Mountain Range'?" He said confusedly. "Percy, that the "Tummii Fountain Range'." She said with a chuckle. "Oh! Y-yeah that makes sense." He said with a small smile. "It's okay. You just really have to focus... Look at the picture too. It's a fountain. See?" She said as she pointed at the picture of the fountain on the map. "Yeah. Thanks." He said as he looks back up at her. "Dyslexia isn't gonna go away but, I know you can figure it out." She said with a smile. He chuckled with gratitude and held her shoulder.

They went to the last location that was about a half-mile. "Do you think she's alive?" Percy asked as they walked to the fountain. "I don't know. She could've sided with my bro-Luke or... Didn't make it." She said with a sigh. "Well. I guess there's only one way to find out." Percy said as they walked to the fountain. He tossed the gold coin in the fountain. "What now?" He said as he looked into the water. "Tumii, I wish to see Gabe Storm. Son of Hermes." Annabeth said as she looked at the water.