The Protectors. Ch.3

Annabeth makes a choice that Percy cannot undo.

Annabeth looked at Percy running to her. "Annabeth, don't!" He yelled. She took her sword, pointed it to her stomach and paused as her heartbeat sped up. "For Percy." She whispered. She slid the sword through her stomach. A yell came from her mouth as pain and suffering began to creep all around her body. "Annabeth, no!!" Percy yelled as he ran as fast as he could.

She immediately fell as the sword slid up from the fall, causing more pain. She yelled painfully as she took the sword out and threw it across the ground. She began breathing laboriously as Percy fell to his knees beside her as he applied pressure to her stomach. She quickly gripped her hands on his wrist from the pain of the pressure and let out a small shout followed by a painful groan. She had the most painful expression he'd ever seen.

"Annabeth. No, no, no." Percy whispered as he began to cry. "Why would you do this? Why..." he asked he be began to cry. "Annabeth." He whispered as he cried. "D-don't s... s-stop... Being a leader. C-camp nee-needs you." Annabeth stuttered as she breathed laboriously. "No. I can't do this without you." He said quietly and tearfully. "P-Per-P-Perseus." She said softly. She groaned as she tried to move again. "I-I... L-love you. And... I-I should've s-said it... B-before." She stuttered as she shivered tremendously. She groaned as she gave him her bag. "I love you too. I love you so much." Percy said as he moved his hand to her head. "J-Just... R-rest in it. P-please." She said as she began to cry. "I love you." She cried softly. "I love you." Percy said as his voice cracked.

"G-give a life... To s-save a life. Th-through the misery and.. A-and pain... V-victory will be... G-gained." She said quietly as her breath trembled. "You're prophecy... It was my dream." Percy whispered. Annabeth coughed as blood rose from her mouth. "You're amazing. D-don't forget it. And-and don't stop... Being Percy. Perseus Jackson." She said as her breath began to drop. Percy cried as her eyes began fluttering closed. She stopped breathing and her eyes rolled to the back of her head as they closed and she breathed her last breath. Percy cried so hard as he pulled her in his arms. "No." He whispered. "No!" He cried out as a loud thunder sounded in the air. He stayed holding Annabeth in his arms as it began to rain. "I love you more than anything." He said quietly.

Grover soon approached Percy and fell to his knees as he saw that Annabeth had died. He felt himself beginning to cry. He wiped his eyes and sniffed softly. "Percy. We have to take her to camp." Grover whispered. Percy slowly moved her out of his arms and looked at her. She looked just as beautiful as before. But so scary to Percy. To think that she's gone. He slowly got up with Annabeth in his arms as he cried softly and walked to camp.

When he got there, they took Annabeth to the infirmary and they told Percy she didn't make it. He tried to hold back his tears but he couldn't. He walked out and went into his room. He felt something on his waist as he remembered... It was Annabeth's bag. He opened and saw her necklace, dagger, and a picture of the two of them. He cried as he looked at the picture. They were watching a movie together. Annabeth's first movie. All of the memories of her filled his head.

Grover slowly walked in. "Percy." He said quietly. Percy wiped his eyes as he looked down. "You know... She was the only one that loved me like my mom. The only one who never lied to me, the only one who never hurt me, the only one who never left me... In ways she was just like my mom. She fought for me, she gave her life for me, she taught me so much, she kept me safe.... She loved me." Percy said as he thought of her. Grover put his hand on his shoulder. "Hey. You can't let this... Keep you miserable. You can't suffer from the pain everyday." He said softly. Percy remembered the Oracle.

~Memory~
'A wish will be granted, A fight will be stranded. A forever will begin, A suffer will win.'
<==========================================>

"A wish will be granted." Percy said as he figures out the Oracle. "Annabeth kissed me." He said with a soft chuckle. "A fight will be stranded: The Cyclops. A forever will begin..." he paused as he thought of Annabeth's sacrifice. "Annabeth gave me immortality. A suffer will win... Me. Right now... Without her." He said sadly and quietly. Grover sighed and just sat beside him as he looked at the picture and smiled softly. "Is that her first movie?" Grover asked. "Yeah. She loved it." Percy said with a soft chuckle. "She loved a lot of things." He said with a smile. Grover pat his shoulder and left.

Percy looked up at his room and remembered when Annabeth told him to clean his room. He chuckled. "I guess you were right." He whispered to himself. He got up and cleaned his room. Just for her.

                                      2

2