The Missing Demigod. Ch. 4

Percy and Annabeth are set on a quest to find a missing Demigod.

                               Chapter 4             Νοιάζομαι για εσένα • Care for you

                               Chapter 4
             Νοιάζομαι για εσένα • Care for you

"So, After we search these main places, we'll find out if Gabe made it." Annabeth said to Percy as she rolled up the map. "Why don't they want anyone to take the map?" Percy asks as the walk back down. "Because, most demigods don't come here, just monsters. There's a hidden temple in one of these locations that has a bunch of monsters. They don't want those monsters to join the others. If they did, we'd have to fight a lot of monsters in one." She explained. "Wow. I guess no place is safe." Percy said as he held her hand and walked down. "Yeah." Annabeth said with a sigh.

As they were about halfway, Annabeth stopped. "Here. I can tell you're hungry." She said as she handed him a container of blueberries. "Thanks. How'd you know I was hungry?" Percy asked her. "I don't know, I just..." She looked up at him, and her casual face turned to a concerned expression. "Felt it." She said quietly. Percy's face looked emotional. "What? Why are about to cry?" She asked him with concern. "I just... My mom didn't even know when I was hungry at times. I don't know. I know I seem... like 'really Percy' but... It's just... It's nice to have someone that cares for me like she did. Especially after all this time. So... Thank you. Aftó simaínei pollá." He said with a soft smile. "To axízeis." Annabeth said with a sentimental smile.

English:
"I just... My mom didn't even know when I was hungry at times. I don't know. I know I seem... like 'really Percy' but... It's just... It's nice to have someone that cares for me like she did. Especially after all this time. So... Thank you. It means a lot." He said with a soft smile. "You deserve it." Annabeth said with a sentimental smile.
—[============>

After a moment, Percy got scratched by something on the side of the wall. "Ow." He said as he got scratched. "What?" Annabeth asked as she looked at his arm. "I think a... Fower just scratched me." He said confusedly. Annabeth grinned and tried to hold back her laughter. "What?" Percy asked her as he saw her expression. "Just... Um. You got cut by a Iwíp flower. Or, the truth flower." She said with a chuckle. "So, why is that funny?" Percy asked, still confused by Annabeth's expression.

"Umm... Just don't say anything... Stupid." She said quietly. "I say things that are stupid and regret it sometimes." Percy said casually. He quickly realized what he said and has an embarrassed look. "See?" Annabeth said with a small chuckle. "I did not mean to say that." He whispered. Annabeth chuckled and continued walking. "You fascinate me. The way you just act like nothing phases you. Especially now because I am very tired and you act like you're floating up these stairs." He said casually. He blushed as he realized that whenever he speaks, it's only the full truth. Annabeth softly chuckled and continued.

"Don't worry. It'll wear off soon." Annabeth told him with a smile. "Good, cause I don't wanna tell you how beautiful you are. I mean, you are beautiful and I do want to tell you but, I'll embarrass myself if I say it but, since I already did, I think you are so beautiful." Percy said calmly. He quickly looked up and turned his red face. Annabeth laughed. "You're handsome too." She said softly. Percy looked back at her. "I don't even know why I was and I should've just manned up and said it. And, I wish I could stop talking but, it seems as if the flower completely crushes my wishes. So now, I can tell you anything I want to tell you, even though I don't want to. It's like when I start a sentence, it never ends. Just like my care for you and my thoughts." Percy said casually. He blushed again and looked down. Annabeth laughed again.

"When is this over so I won't tell you that I want to date you? No! I don't. I mean I do... NOT! No! I don't know why I said that." He said as the flower's truth faded away. Annabeth just smiled nervously and continued walking. "Oh my gods that is so embarrassing." Percy whispered under his breath. "Best keep off the wall, huh?" Annabeth said with a smile. "Very funny." Percy said with a smile.

After they continued, a monster knocked Percy down, sending him down the flight of stairs, and quickly flew away. "Percy!" Annabeth yelled as she tried to catch him but, he couldn't hold on. Small groans would come from him as he fell down the stairs. Annabeth didn't know what to do. She couldn't make it to him in time without hurting herself. She thought about the most basic and quickest way to get to him. She quickly grabbed a boat that was on the wall and got on it. "Oh my gods. What am I doing?" She said to herself. "Saving Percy." She tilted the boat forward and slid down the flight of stairs. When she the hit bottom, the boat cracked and her body rattled from the hard landing.

She quickly got up. "Percy! Percy, are you okay?!" She said as her voice cracked. She had one hand on his jawline and neck, and the other on his back. Percy had a lot of bruises. His eyes spoke for him. "Come on. Please, Percy! Get up." She said as she picked him up. "Annabeth. Go. I'll be okay." He said weakly. "Percy no! I'm not leaving you!" She said as she almost dragged him. "Annabeth. I'll sta-" Annabeth cut him off again. "No! Perseus I'm not leaving you! That isn't a choice! You could die! Do you understand that?! I can't have that. I won't. So, you're coming and if you can't then, I'll pick you up if I have to. I'm not letting you die. I refuse to." She said as she felt herself starting to cry. Percy felt so loved by her. He nodded and pushed himself to walk. Even though he was limping, Annabeth still helped him and she didn't let him go. She knew the monster was still alive but, she had to save Percy first.

She got him to a cave, sat him down in a cozy corner, gave him his blanket, patched him up, and made a small fire. "Hey, just stay here okay. I'll be back." She said quietly as she was about to walk out. "Wait. Where are you going?" Percy quickly said before she left. "I'm gonna go kill a monster." She said as she turned around. "Just promise me you'll be safe and come back." Percy said softly with worry. Annabeth walked over to him and got on her knees to be at his level, put her hand on his cheek, and slowly kissed his forehead. "I promise." She said softly with a smile. She slowly slid her hand off of his cheek. Percy's heart warmed and his heart raced. He felt his skin get goosebumps as a grin appeared on his face. "Bye, Percy." She said as she got up and left. "Bye, Annabeth." Percy said with his mind still on the soft kiss she planted on his head. You can even say Percy is in love.

When Annabeth came back, Percy was sleep. She felt his head and he was warm. She knew that he'd be okay. She had a cup of water to heal his bruises. She sat beside him and cuddled him in her arms. "I love you. You'll know one day." She whispered to him as she fell asleep.

" She whispered to him as she fell asleep

                                      4