Late nights

May 20th, 2020 

It's been about 2 months since the lockdown happened and honestly, It's not too bad.  Let me get you up to speed.

Since we can't have indoor hangouts, Veronica and I have been going on bike rides every day around our area.  Luckily for us, so has every other person at our school.  It's honestly really fun, we will stay out from 5 pm to 5 am sometimes just hanging out with people from our school because we all live around the same area.  We started hanging out with our one friend from grade school, Janice, and she is the FUNNIEST person alive.  Nothing with Jake at all but maybe things aren't all too bad?

-

3 DAYS LATER

-

Today I woke up feeling really refreshed, I felt like I was finally getting over not being able to see or talk to Jake.  Instead, I've been really looking forward to me and Veronica's everyday bike rides.  I don't know, something about biking and the warm air filling up my lungs really makes me happy and makes me feel youthful, ESPECIALLY, with a group of friends.  BEST FEELING EVER.

So today around 4:30, I started getting ready.  I decided to curl my hair today and wear a nicer outfit than what I'd usually wear.  I wore a short-sleeve button-up crop top and a nice pair of shorts.  For my makeup, I usually keep it very simple and wear mascara, concealer, lips and call it a day.  

After I got ready, I hopped on my bike and went straight to Veronicas.  It's very convenient because I live only 3 minutes away from her and she's closer to where everyone else lives so we always just meet up at her house and hangout in her garage.  

I hopped off my bike and went into her garage fridge and grabbed a popsicle LOL.  I gave a quick knock at her garage door to let her know I was here.  Suddenly, she ran out to the garage in a panic.

Me: Jesus christ you scared me, why'd you run out that quickly??

Veronica: ELLIANNA, I could've sworn I just saw Jake and his friends rollerskating!!!!

Me: WHAT WHERE???

(I may have forgot to mention that Jakes entire friend group plays hockey hence the rollerskating.)

Veronica: IDK, I was literally on my way down to you and saw a bunch of guys headed to that house down there. 

As I'm looking towards where she was pointing, I suddenly see a tall boy on rollerskates laughing with his friends.  I recognize his brown fluffy hair almost immediately.  Yep thats him, I thought to myself, that My Jake.  

Veronica: WHAT ARE YOU DOING THEY'RE GONNA SEE US, DUCK.

Me: NO, LET'S FOLLOW THEM.  

Veronica: ARE YOU CRAZY?

Me: NO, I WAS HEART BROKEN THAT CLASSES GOT CANCELLED FROM COVID, I WAS GONNA LITERALLY BE SITTING NEXT TO HIM IF IT WEREN'T FOR IT.  I AM NOT LOSING THIS OPPORTUNITY.

Veronica: Oh my fucking god, FINE, you're lucky I love you, I'm gonna shit my pants.

Me: LETS GO HURRY

Me and Veronica treaded our bikes like our LIVES depended on it

Me and Veronica treaded our bikes like our LIVES depended on it.  We saw that they were going to our local ice cream shop nearby called Farries Creamery.  We already planned on going there earlier today so this was PERFECT.  

Until, we saw a herd of girls, all around our age with long blonde or brunette hair, tan skin, all around 5'3, and just all around perfect.  I started to get a pit in my stomach as we pulled up because we immediately saw Jake and all of his friends go and talk to them.  Veronica saw the smile on my face quickly vanish.  So she just grabbed my arm and we went straight into the ice cream shop walking right past them.  

Veronica: Don't worry about them let's go.

Veronica knows how insecure and jealous I get so she tries to tame me as much as possible lol.  We went in and placed our orders, the ice cream shop was playing a song by the neighborhood, Reflections, ugh my favourite.  Veronica and I got a cookies and creme ice cream in a cup, our favourite of course. 

I started to get really anxious because they were still there obviously,  Veronica knew that as well but she really tried to distract me from it.  I never really say it but, these are one of the many reasons why I love Veronica. :)

We ended up sitting on a bench in front of the ice cream shop and ate our little yummy snacks and talked

We ended up sitting on a bench in front of the ice cream shop and ate our little yummy snacks and talked.  After about 10 minutes, I had basically forgotten that Jake and his entire group were probably all still behind me.  Until, I saw him once again.  Walking out of the ice cream shop right next to the bench we were at.  He looked at me for a split second then looked away, then did a double take.  Oh god those beautiful eyes of his, and reflections by the neighborhood playing in the background, it was like everything was in slow motion. I smiled at him and he smiled back looking like he was about to come up to us then one of his friends got in the way and tapped him to show him something.

Ugh buzzkill, but I felt satisfied in a way.  His eyes were like dopamine, his gaze was addictive, I mean everything about him was.  I felt like I was having withdrawals and then I just relapsed.  He was like a drug, my own personal drug.  I immediately thought to myself, this ones gonna hurt if all goes to shit....

They ended up walking off but just knowing he saw me and I saw him again, gave me butterflies.  

Veronica and I ended up just biking around, we stopped at our favourite park called Edinson Park with the most beautiful view of the river.  All I could think of was how much of a dream it would be to one day see this view with him right next to me where Veronica was.  I still prefer Veronica any day though of course LOL.