Sacred Truths

Veronica called me this morning after the lecture from my mom.

-

Veronica: Hello?! Ellianna?!

Ellianna: Hey Roni sorry I didn't answer my mom was yelling at me.

Veronica: Well rightfully so, are you kidding me?! We were worried sick about you.

Ellianna: I'm sorry that I scared you, I lost track of time.

Veronica: UHM HELLO??? That's what your phone is for, and last time I checked your hand is glued to your phone at all times, what the hell were you doing Ellianna?

-

I was ready to tell her the truth, she was my bestfriend and she deserved to know.

-

Ellianna: Well about that, Jake-

Veronica: Oh my god Ellianna can you not talk about your obsession with Jake for one second please and just answer the question.

Ellianna: That's what I'm trying to tell you Roni, Jak-

Veronica: ELLIANNA I get it you like Jake, but I'm sick of hearing about him every second especially during times like this.  He's a jerk off hockey player that you're going nuts over and are deciding to talk about when I'm asking you a serious question.

-

What Veronica said really bothered me, so I decided that maybe it was a sign that I shouldn't bring it up.  It's a secret meant to stay hidden.

-

Ellianna: You're right, I'm sorry, I just went on a bike ride and put my phone on dnd.  I had a rough day yesterday.

Veronica: I know you did, and you can talk to me about it.

Ellianna: That's the thing Roni I didn't really want to talk about it.

Veronica: Okay that fine as well, but I'm always here for you, you don't need to run away unannounced and scare your family shitless.

-

I mean I understood what she was saying, but talking to Jake about random shit, and opening up, honestly made me feel like I escaped reality for a little bit.  He felt like medicine, except he was the type to take all of your problems away.  I really don't like how Veronica sees him, it reminds me of how she was when Jenessa would tell us about her boy drama.  I just wish she would listen and hear me out.

-

Ellianna: You're right, I'm sorry Roni.

Veronica: Okay well now that I know you're alive, when are you free, let's hangout today.

-

-

-

As I finished getting ready to hangout with Veronica, I remembered I completely forgot to open Jakes messages and accept his follow request.  So I immediately went to doing so.

From Jake: You make it home safe?

4h Ago

-

Ellianna: Sorry I just saw this, but yeah I did wbu?

Just now

-

Moments later

-

From Jake: I did yeah, my parents woke up for work right after I got home lol.

Ellianna: My mom caught me :/

From Jake: No way, you in trouble?

Ellianna: Noo, she did interrogate me though, just said I went on a morning bike ride and lost track of time haha.

From Jake: LOLL, so you're off the hook?

Ellianna: Well I'm pretty sure yeah, why?

From Jake: I just want to know if I'm good to see you again.

-

Holy shit, I'm gonna cry of happiness

-

Ellianna: I think we should be fine, I actually wanted to ask you something.

From Jake: Yeah, wsp?

Ellianna: Have you told anyone about our sneakouts?

From Jake: Nah, I don't really tell my friends about any girls, they kinda get douchey, why tho?

Ellianna: Well I did tell you about my bsf Veronica, and how close I am with her and my mom.  I can't seem to tell them.

From Jake: Imo, I always feel like things get ruined when ppl know, but that's just me.  

Ellianna: Yeah Ig, I just feel guilty kinda, but it's such a rush.

From Jake: I always say this, you can always ask for forgiveness but you can't ever ask for memories.  So just, live a lil... 

Ellianna: I like that saying.

From Jake: It's true though, and I like these new memories I'm making w u.

Ellianna: Ugh stop, you're corny asf lmfao.

From Jake: haha, okay I'll stop for now.

-

INCOMING TEXT - Veronica: Hello?? Are you still coming over?

-

Oh fuck I'm late.