Chapter 15

Brantley's POV:

I was at my Mamma's house, fixing a leaky kitchen sink when my phone rang. I saw it was Jessa and wiped my hands to answer. "Hey pretty girl, what you doin?" I grinned. "She's crossed the line!" Jessa growled. "Who baby?" I asked confused. "Jana! She called Kolby to see if he'd be her date to the awards show. Can you believe that?!" She was so loud, momma heard as she walked by. "That God-awful woman called me too. She wanted me to 'Talk some sense into Brantley', I told her that she needed to leave you alone." She said. Jessa heard. "She called Mrs. Becky too?!" Jessa growled. I was rightly pissed now. "Baby, let me pick up all my mess, then I'll be on my way home and we can discuss this, alright?" I fumbled tensely. "Alright B, love you." She said. "Love you too girl." We hung up and I quickly started packing up my tools. "Brantley, thank you for fixing the sink, but I'll get this mess. You can pick your tools up later. Go see to Jessa." My momma hugged me and shooed me out the door. "Yes ma'am." I said and hopped in the truck to head home. When I got there, Jessa was pacing in the house, back and forth. Back and forth. When she saw me, she jumped at me, wrapping her legs around my waist. I caught her and held her as she just nuzzled her face into my neck and sighed. "I'm sorry for all the drama Jessa." I said softly. "Don't apologize. It isn't your fault. Just promise to bail me out if she comes near us again." She snorted. I patted her behind affectionately. "You got it darlin." I chuckled.

Today was the day of the awards show, it wasn't anything new for me. I'd done this a thousand times. Jessa however, was flustered. It was pretty adorable to watch such a laid back woman get nearly frantic over her hair and make up. We left the hotel we were staying at, and headed to the event center where the show was being held. She was gorgeous. In that leather dress she ordered, and the black sky high heels. I kept it simple, all black. Jeans, shirt, and leather jacket. Nothing new there. We were walking the carpet, talking to a few of the reporters and interviewers when Jessa got distracted. Miranda Lambert had caught her by the elbow with a big grin and motioned to their dresses. Miranda had the same dress on, but in a deep burgundy. The two got to talking and were a few steps behind me, giggling and cutting up like lifelong friends. "Jana! Over here!" I heard. I cringed. When I looked up, Jana was walking straight for me. Her shadow, Casey Musgraves, right behind her. Hana's eyes were locked in me. Shit. About that time I heard Miranda yell "B! Catch your girl!" I looked back and reacted just in time to catch Jessa around the waist as she was storming towards Jana and Casey. I tugged her clean off her feet and held her to my chest, my arm around her ribs, her feet dangling off the ground. "You know he'll get bored with you eventually. Look how little you are, and how big he is. He needs someone who can handle him, if you know what I mean." Jana smirked, Casey chuckled obnoxiously. Aw hell... "Oh I know exactly what you mean. He does need someone who can handle him. Just like you handle every swinging dick you can get your hands on right? Nah, thanks for the advice, but we're good." Jessa was remarkably calm in my arms, so I set her down, keeping my eye on her just in case. "Bitch! There's two of us, and one of you. What now huh?" Casey exclaimed while Jana sat there in shock. "Oh there's two of us, not that my girl needs help for the two of you. But make no mistake, this is a line you don't wanna cross. Ladies, I suggest you turn around, tuck your tails between your legs, and go inside." Miranda spoke up, stepping next to Jessa's side. Jessa took one step forward and I tended, waiting for the shit to hit the fan. "Jana... We both know Brantley's a damn good man, and we both know the only two reasons you want him back. But you need to let it go. I'm tired of arguing with you. Stop being petty and grow up. Don't ever call him, his family, or anyone else involved again." Jessa growled, stepping back until she was flush against my chest again. Jana screeched like a banshee and spun on her he, storming off with Casey in tow. Miranda snorted next to us. "Oh yeah, we're gonna get along just fine girl!" She grinned, hugging Jessa. The two started chattering and giggling again and I herded them both inside and to our seats.