Chapter 9: The Evil Painter Returns

Once we arrived, he told me to wait in the back yard while he went to get the spell books.

This is so weird.

I never thought magic was real -- that I could or even would have magic power's.

Then I have so many questions to ask him, main ones like why was he in my dreams and why everywhere I go he's there.

"I found them" he said

"Oh you scared me. I didn't see you coming"

"Oh, well that's too bad. Anyway I found the best spell books that I think will be easy for you to start with" he said

"Okay. Where do I begin?"

"Well first off we have to see what element of magic you have...but before we do that you need to know a little more about the elements" he said.

"Okay, so what should I know?"

He sat on the ground and told me to sit next to him.

"Okay first off, there are five elements of magic" he started

"The first one is wind. Wind isn't as strong as the other four elements but it's good against large groups of enemies, but unlike me since I have that element, I know how to use it beyond its abilities"

"Ha, what a bragger" I thought.

"The second is water. It's not the best element, only because beginners with this element have to have some source of water, like a river or something around them to use this power" he said

"What about people who already mastered this element?"

"Those kinds of people some up all the power in them and can summon it from any where even if there is no water near...but those kinds of people are trained by the best" he finished.

"Oh"

"The third one is earth. This element is interesting because depending on how far someone was taught with this, they can create things like for example a house, or battle wise they can move the ground, make things float, stuff like that" he said.

"The fourth is fire, and the fifth is Lightning. I have fire as well. Fire is strong because depending on how well u use it, you can summon it anywhere, weather it's around your body or on the palm of your hand. lightning is the strongest out of all of them"

"Why is that?"

"Because, imagine you using lightning, it can fall down from the sky from various places or like fire surround your body or even the palm of your hand" he said.

"Wow, that sounds...intense and scary"

"Well it's not. Any questions" he asked.

"Um, just one. Why do you have two?"

"What..elements. I don't really know. When I first found out I had two my teacher told me that maybe it was a mistake, but unfortunately it wasn't in his eyes, so I really don't know" he said

I nodded my head.

"Okay now that you know the five, we need to see which one you have" he said.

I watched as he grabbed rocks or maybe they were stones.

He put them in a circle around me, and told me to stay still.

"Now listen, this is not going to be easy...for you" he said

"Um, and why not?"

"Because you have to clear your mind of all thoughts, weather it's what your doing right now or even if it's hatred that you have deep down in yourself. You have to empty your mind" he said